From: JimH on
Robert Neville wrote:
> JimH <JimH(a)invalid.net> wrote:
>
>> I don't have Q2010 yet. but from what I've read here, the new version
>> combined all of the data files into one big file. If that larger file is
>> badly fragmented, it would slow down the loading of the file, and the
>> program startup. Defragging the hard drive might help.
>
> I have a 63MB QDF file and haven't noticed any difference between QD2009 and
> QD2010.

With an older computer and a slower hard drive, fragmentation would be a
bigger issue. Also, if your computer has lots of free disk space,
fragmentation wouldn't affect you. In any case, defragging a hard drive
can't hurt anything, costs nothing, and may result in some improvement.
--
Jim
From: Andrew Rossmann on
In article <jv87m5d7n1km82c2r8q0dho2jvtqf71728(a)4ax.com>,
mred(a)invalid.invalid says...

> Upgraded to Quicken 2010 Premier from Quicken Premier 2009 yesterday.
> Using an Hp desktop w/MS Vista Ultimate 32 bit operating system. I
> experienced zero problems. Wanted to report positive experience.

Updated from 2007 with only one issue noted so far: The backup option is
messed up. What is so hard about simply copying a file??? When I try to
back up to a CD-RW, it says it cannot write to it (I ended up copying my
hard-drive backup to the CD-RW manually). Also, it appears it can no
longer break up a file, so no more backup to floppies!!

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross
From: JimH on
Andrew Rossmann wrote:
> In article <jv87m5d7n1km82c2r8q0dho2jvtqf71728(a)4ax.com>,
> mred(a)invalid.invalid says...
>> Upgraded to Quicken 2010 Premier from Quicken Premier 2009 yesterday.
>> Using an Hp desktop w/MS Vista Ultimate 32 bit operating system. I
>> experienced zero problems. Wanted to report positive experience.
>
> Updated from 2007 with only one issue noted so far: The backup option is
> messed up. What is so hard about simply copying a file??? When I try to
> back up to a CD-RW, it says it cannot write to it (I ended up copying my
> hard-drive backup to the CD-RW manually). Also, it appears it can no
> longer break up a file, so no more backup to floppies!!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again ..... Karen's Replicator.

It is easy to set up, easy to use, and FREE.
--
Jim
From: Steven Latus on
On 01/31/2010 9:06 AM, Andrew Rossmann wrote:
> In article<jv87m5d7n1km82c2r8q0dho2jvtqf71728(a)4ax.com>,
> mred(a)invalid.invalid says...
>>
>> Upgraded to Quicken 2010 Premier from Quicken Premier 2009 yesterday.
>> Using an Hp desktop w/MS Vista Ultimate 32 bit operating system. I
>> experienced zero problems. Wanted to report positive experience.
>
> Updated from 2007 with only one issue noted so far: The backup option is
> messed up. What is so hard about simply copying a file??? When I try to
> back up to a CD-RW, it says it cannot write to it (I ended up copying my
> hard-drive backup to the CD-RW manually). Also, it appears it can no
> longer break up a file, so no more backup to floppies!!

Floppies? What are those? ;)
From: Andrew Rossmann on
In article <36i9n.43682$U83.34179(a)newsfe10.iad>, JimH(a)invalid.net
says...

> Andrew Rossmann wrote:
> > In article <jv87m5d7n1km82c2r8q0dho2jvtqf71728(a)4ax.com>,
> > mred(a)invalid.invalid says...
> >> Upgraded to Quicken 2010 Premier from Quicken Premier 2009 yesterday.
> >> Using an Hp desktop w/MS Vista Ultimate 32 bit operating system. I
> >> experienced zero problems. Wanted to report positive experience.
> >
> > Updated from 2007 with only one issue noted so far: The backup option is
> > messed up. What is so hard about simply copying a file??? When I try to
> > back up to a CD-RW, it says it cannot write to it (I ended up copying my
> > hard-drive backup to the CD-RW manually). Also, it appears it can no
> > longer break up a file, so no more backup to floppies!!
> >
> I've said it before, and I'll say it again ..... Karen's Replicator.
>
> It is easy to set up, easy to use, and FREE.

I use Microsoft's free SyncToy 2.1 to back up several folders to an
external drive. That includes backing up the Quicken data. There is also
a Ghost backup of the drive. The external stuff is for further 'away-
from-computer' and off-site backups.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross