From: Mr.Jan on
On Feb 7, 2:27 pm, Steven Latus
<slatus@*delete_this_part_to_reply*optonline.net> wrote:
> On 02/01/2010 1:08 PM, XS11E wrote:
>

> > CSM1<nom...(a)nomoremail.com>  wrote:
>
> >> Steven Latus<slatus@*delete_this_part_to_reply*optonline.net>
>
> >> Little 3.5 inch plastic squares that hold no more that 1.44
> >> Megabytes and are very slow.
>
> >> It takes 451 of them to store what you can put on one CDR or CDRW.
>
> >> Even Windows XP can write to a CDR if you have a burner in your
> >> computer.
>
> > Even Windows 3.1 can write to a CDR.
>
> My new computer doesn't have a floppy drive.
>
> I opted for one when I had bought my last PC 5 years ago, but since I
> can't remember when I even last used a floppy, this time I opted to do
> without.
>
> Just about anything worth backing up today exceeds the capacity of a
> single floppy. Viva USB drives, CDs, DVDs and online backup!

I use Mozy to back up my files online. You get a certain amount of
free backup space and it it quite robust. www.mozy.com.
From: Ira on
On 1/29/2010 7:14 PM, mred wrote:
> Upgraded to Quicken 2010 Premier from Quicken Premier 2009 yesterday.
> Using an Hp desktop w/MS Vista Ultimate 32 bit operating system. I
> experienced zero problems. Wanted to report positive experience.

I almost did not upgrade (I had been upgrading every year) but when I
saw a deep deep sale on Deluxe, I went for it. Contrary to most prior
years where there was little to no benefit, I am thrilled with Q2010. I
would say what has changed my experience the most had been horrific lag
times while reconciling accounts ... each click for a checkmark in
reconcile could take 5 seconds (i7 @ 3.33Ghz and 12GB of RAM) under
Q2009. Under Q2010, the lag is gone.

Very happy with the upgrade!!!