From: Janelle on
After Reformatting my daughters computer I find that she has lost the cd of
MS Office2007 Professional (Academic Version) I still have the brown
envelope it came in with some details from the University Shop (she signed a
contract to say it was a student purchase). Is it at all possible to find
out what the registration code would have n\been and reload it using the
trial download?
From: Gordon on

"Janelle" <Janelle(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After Reformatting my daughters computer I find that she has lost the cd
> of
> MS Office2007 Professional (Academic Version) I still have the brown
> envelope it came in with some details from the University Shop (she signed
> contract to say it was a student purchase). Is it at all possible to find
> out what the registration code would have n\been and reload it using the
> trial download?

Not now you re-formatted the HDD. There would have been if you'd checked on
this BEFORE you started the re-install.
You may well have just learned an expensive lesson. If you have the receipt,
you may be able to get a replacement copy from the place you bought it, but
I would think that's doubtful if you have just "lost" it....