From: Daave on
Roger wrote:
> on event viewer showing error since end of
> May saying it could be disc space , I have loads or Memory.

Disk space and memory are two entirely different things. See:

http://www.sharpened.net/helpcenter/answer.php?63

From: Roger on

"Daave" <daave(a)example.com> wrote in message
> Roger wrote:
>> on event viewer showing error since end of
>> May saying it could be disc space , I have loads or Memory.
>
> Disk space and memory are two entirely different things. See:
>
> http://www.sharpened.net/helpcenter/answer.php?63

Thanks for that, I was surprised when it was on an error on system log what
to check.

From: Roger on

"Roger" <Monkey(a)Zoo.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message

> "John John - MVP" <audetweld(a)nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
>> Roger wrote:
>>> "John John - MVP" <audetweld(a)nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message

>>> The above was of no use, on event viewer showing error since end of May
>>> saying it could be disc space , I have loads or Memory.
>>> Also repository files may be corrupted and should be deleted and re-boot
>>> !
>>
>> So the
>>
>> * Event Log
>> * Windows Management Instrumentation
>> * Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
>>
>> services are set to Automatic start and all of them are running?
>>
>> Where do you get the message telling you to delete the repository files?
>>
>> To delete the WMI repository:
>>
>> 1- Stop the Windows Management Instrumentation service.
>> 2- Delete the \WINDOWS\system32\wbem directory.
>> 3- Restart the WMI service.
>>
>> John
>
> All above running on Auto, when clicking on one of the error's in event
> log it gave that advice about repository files.
>
> I am about to go through procedure now to delete, will report back on
> progress.
> Roger
> ---------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------
Well I have tried a couple of ways advised on the below site and I still
get error message when trying to obtain system info, because of problem with
WMI
http://blog.perfectspace.com/2004/07/21/windows-management-instrumentation-wmi-error/

Roger PS Its doing my old head in now

From: John John - MVP on
Roger wrote:
> "Roger" <Monkey(a)Zoo.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>> "John John - MVP" <audetweld(a)nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message

>>> So the
>>>
>>> * Event Log
>>> * Windows Management Instrumentation
>>> * Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
>>>
>>> services are set to Automatic start and all of them are running?
>>>
>>> Where do you get the message telling you to delete the repository files?
>>>
>>> To delete the WMI repository:
>>>
>>> 1- Stop the Windows Management Instrumentation service.
>>> 2- Delete the \WINDOWS\system32\wbem directory.
>>> 3- Restart the WMI service.
>>>
>>> John
>> All above running on Auto, when clicking on one of the error's in event
>> log it gave that advice about repository files.
>>
>> I am about to go through procedure now to delete, will report back on
>> progress.
>> Roger
>> ---------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------
> Well I have tried a couple of ways advised on the below site and I still
> get error message when trying to obtain system info, because of problem with
> WMI
> http://blog.perfectspace.com/2004/07/21/windows-management-instrumentation-wmi-error/
>
> Roger PS Its doing my old head in now

This can be a *very* difficult problem to resolve! Try the methods for
Windows XP here:

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/repairwmi.htm

If the suggestions and methods shown there fail to repair things then
the only other fix that I know of is an in-place upgrade (repair
install) of the operating system.

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/xp_in_place_upgrade.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978788
How to perform an in-place upgrade (reinstallation) of Windows XP

John
From: Roger on

> Roger wrote:
>> "Roger" <Monkey(a)Zoo.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> "John John - MVP" <audetweld(a)nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message

>>> All above running on Auto, when clicking on one of the error's in event
>>> log it gave that advice about repository files.
>>>
>>> I am about to go through procedure now to delete, will report back on
>>> progress.
>>> Roger
>>> ---------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------
>> Well I have tried a couple of ways advised on the below site and I still
>> get error message when trying to obtain system info, because of problem
>> with WMI
>> http://blog.perfectspace.com/2004/07/21/windows-management-instrumentation-wmi-error/
>>
>> Roger PS Its doing my old head in now
>
> This can be a *very* difficult problem to resolve! Try the methods for
> Windows XP here:
>
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/repairwmi.htm
>
> If the suggestions and methods shown there fail to repair things then the
> only other fix that I know of is an in-place upgrade (repair install) of
> the operating system.
>
> http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/xp_in_place_upgrade.htm
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978788
> How to perform an in-place upgrade (reinstallation) of Windows XP
>
> John thank you for links, on the one
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/repairwmi.htm for winxp sp2 is that all i need
> to do and where would I access the setup log file where results are
> stored, would this be of any use ? Also would it help if I tried
> spc/scannow action !

Roger