From: Gerald Bramwell on
Hi,

I have lost the use of windows fax, I have tried ti reinstall it via
add/remove programs, I can see it adding files yet if I try to send a
fax no fax option is shown and if I go back yo the add/remove section
the fax box is un-ticked. How can I be sure that I can totally remove
and then try to install again.

Is there any free third party fax software as I don't use it very often.

Thanks,
Gerald
From: thecreator on
Hi Gerald,

Add or Remove Programs then click Add/Remove Windows Components. Place a
checkmark in Fax Services. Click Next after making sure that your Windows XP
CD is in the CD Drive.

Note: It will always be listed there. But if checked, it is installed.
If unchecked, it is not installed.

--
thecreator

From: Gerald Bramwell on
Hi,

I've tried that about ten times now, each time I check the box, it loads
files, if I try to send a fax no go and going back to add/remove Windows
Components again it is unchecked again. And once again if I check it
again it will try to add the files, I can see them being added, but no
go and unchecked again.

Gerald

From: thecreator on
Hi Gerald,

What Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware and Registry Guards are installed?
What version of XP is installed and Service Pack Level.

Also, try this test, create a New Text File that is blank on the
Desktop. Reboot the computer and check whether or not the New Text File Icon
is still on the Desktop after a reboot. Why? Make sure that Hard Drive and
operating system is accepting changes.

Sometimes, the Hard Drive can be going bad and doesn't save changes
through reboots. I had such a problem. Not a physical problem with the Hard
Drive, but an Electronic Failure of the Hard Drive Controller, either on the
Motherboard or Hard Drive Elctronics, itself. Could not reformat the Hard
Drive. All information remained.

From: Gerald Bramwell on
I'm running Windows XP home with SP3,I have Avanquest Fix-it 10 for
Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware and Registry., I have tried with the programs
enabled and disabled with no change. The tip with the text file to the
desktop is still there after a reboot.

I'm going to be fitting an extra SATA drive soon so I might install it
as the boot drive and do a fresh install of Windows on it.

Gerald