From: me on
Hi all,
For some reason when some windows open, like a window asking for confirmation or
an information (i) window (in various programs), instead of playing the default
Windows sound the pc speaker will beep. To be honest, I can't remember what the
sound was. Couldn't tell you if they were all the same sound, either.
I went to Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices /Sounds and Windows Default was
selected and all the .wav sounds work (Critical Stop, Exclamation, Default Beep
etc).
Not sure what to check next.
Any ideas?

Jeff
From: Kyle on
On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 20:08:03 -0500, me(a)me.net wrote:

>Hi all,
>For some reason when some windows open, like a window asking for confirmation or
>an information (i) window (in various programs), instead of playing the default
>Windows sound the pc speaker will beep. To be honest, I can't remember what the
>sound was. Couldn't tell you if they were all the same sound, either.
>I went to Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices /Sounds and Windows Default was
>selected and all the .wav sounds work (Critical Stop, Exclamation, Default Beep
>etc).
>Not sure what to check next.
>Any ideas?

That's weird, it happens to me as well... I got beeps on my Windows
7... it's similar to the beeps Windows Vista does when you are low on
HD space, but I've got 250gb still free in my 500gb HD.

Did you mess with the themes? etc etc because I used one of the
themes, probably with the default setting everything should work fine.

--
http://shop-for-computer.com - Best Pc Deals, Refurbished Deals

http://shop-for-clothes.com - Shoes, Handbags, Shirts, Coats

http://shop-for-car.com - Huge Car Deals, Auto Parts
From: me on
On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 07:15:03 +0100, Kyle <ThisIsPrivate(a)NoAddress.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 20:08:03 -0500, me(a)me.net wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>For some reason when some windows open, like a window asking for confirmation or
>>an information (i) window (in various programs), instead of playing the default
>>Windows sound the pc speaker will beep. To be honest, I can't remember what the
>>sound was. Couldn't tell you if they were all the same sound, either.
>>I went to Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices /Sounds and Windows Default was
>>selected and all the .wav sounds work (Critical Stop, Exclamation, Default Beep
>>etc).
>>Not sure what to check next.
>>Any ideas?
>
>That's weird, it happens to me as well... I got beeps on my Windows
>7... it's similar to the beeps Windows Vista does when you are low on
>HD space, but I've got 250gb still free in my 500gb HD.
>
>Did you mess with the themes? etc etc because I used one of the
>themes, probably with the default setting everything should work fine.

Not been doing anything with themes.
Cured itself with a reboot.
Oddly, just booted up from Hibernation and now I don't have a speaker icon in
the systray and the volume controls on my usb keypay don't wotk. Again, cured
itself with a regular restart. Maybe I booted from Hibernation before but can't
remember.