Prev: CD 2???
Next: MSCTF.dll
From: LVTravel on

> From: "sgopus" <sgopus(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
>
> | it couldn't possbly be due to all the jerks and idiots who post garbage
> on
> | these areas for their fun and entertainment, annoying the rest of the
> users.
> | I'm personally glad they are ending these newsgroups, however, the
> format of
> | the group for windows 7 sucks big time, you can hardly find anything,
> and
> | people want to put their entire message in the subject line, and in all
> caps,
> | idiots!!!!!
>
> You can't fix stupid.
>

> --
> Dave
> Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

But Microsoft is going to try. Apparently they will be moderated forums
according the FAQs listed at
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx. While this
will get out the junk, you will have to sign up and depending on the method
of moderation the responses could be delayed hours while someone decides if
the post is legitimate or not. Other forums allow open posting with
improper messages removed by the moderator. Don't know which type MS will
decide to use. I don't like the forums set up for Win 7.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Typical...including the dupes of said post.

From: milt on
On 5/4/2010 8:23 PM, David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "sgopus"<sgopus(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
>
> | it couldn't possbly be due to all the jerks and idiots who post garbage on
> | these areas for their fun and entertainment, annoying the rest of the users.
> | I'm personally glad they are ending these newsgroups, however, the format of
> | the group for windows 7 sucks big time, you can hardly find anything, and
> | people want to put their entire message in the subject line, and in all caps,
> | idiots!!!!!
>
> You can't fix stupid.

nope, and that is mostly what you find on the MS forums. Have fun trying
to find anything USEFUL there!

From: pip22 on

I agree with MS for once. The NNTP system is now archaic. Having to
download headers is a pain, followed by downloading the posts you want
to read, especially on slow, rural connections.

Web-based forums are much easier to access and navigate, and far less
littered with cr*p whereas NNTP is awash with it.

From: Leythos on
In article <pip22.4aijp6(a)no.email.invalid>, pip22.4aijp6
@no.email.invalid says...
> I agree with MS for once. The NNTP system is now archaic. Having to
> download headers is a pain, followed by downloading the posts you want
> to read, especially on slow, rural connections.

NNTP was designed for SLOW connections, it's perfect for it.

If you think that NNTP was slow on slow connections I can't imagine how
you will find web groups interfaces - they will be even slower.

Trust yourself.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: CD 2???