Prev: CD 2???
Next: MSCTF.dll
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
cf. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx

From: LD5SZRA on
I would only say that Microsoft is fed up of its customer base and
is deciding to wind-up its business. The examples are as follows:

1) Newsgroups shutting down;
2) IE8 not available to XP users (Mozilla and other browsers will
continue on XP systems)
3) Outlook Express not being developed
4) Hotmail can't be read in Outlook unless you also install a
Connector (new version just released on 20/04/2010)
5) If you criticize Microsoft products on forums, expect your
messages to be deleted;
6) MVP status being scaled down (hooray - who is going to miss
this? Not me for sure but Pig-Bear will)
7) Future products will only available online not on CD or DVDs
8) Microsoft Works version 10 not available on XP or Vista
9) Microsoft Office Accounting disbanded - the last version was
2009;

The list goes on and on!

hth

--
THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND. LD5SZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR

Copyright LD5SZRA 2010.
From: spamlet on
First I'd heard of this. I hope these 'forums' will not degenerate into the
form they take in so called 'Google help'; Google Earth 'community' etc.
Questions used to get answered but when I've looked at these lately, they
were all questions and no answers. The virgin help newsgroups were
excellent but have recently been shut; now it appears these excellent groups
are for the chop too. Not my idea of progress in the least!

From: sgopus on
it couldn't possbly be due to all the jerks and idiots who post garbage on
these areas for their fun and entertainment, annoying the rest of the users.
I'm personally glad they are ending these newsgroups, however, the format of
the group for windows 7 sucks big time, you can hardly find anything, and
people want to put their entire message in the subject line, and in all caps,
idiots!!!!!

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
At some point in the future, this newsgroup will NOT be accessible or
available via the MS newsserver (news://msnews.microsoft.com) nor via
web-access
(http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general).

spamlet wrote:
> First I'd heard of this. I hope these 'forums' will not degenerate into
> the
> form they take in so called 'Google help'; Google Earth 'community' etc.
<snip>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: CD 2???