From: William R. Walsh on
Hello all...

I have an Asus M2A-VM (non-HDMI version) that I'm building into a
complete computer system. One of the things that I'll be doing with
the completed system is some lightweight to medium duty video editing.

As such, I opted to put a Firewire card into one of the expansion
slots. And while doing that, I noticed that there are solder pads on
the board for a Firewire port and a 1394 controller.

What I'm wondering--did Asus ever make a version of the M2A-VM board
with the Firewire stuff present? I've done some searching and come up
empty, so I thought I'd ask here.

William
From: Paul on
William R. Walsh wrote:
> Hello all...
>
> I have an Asus M2A-VM (non-HDMI version) that I'm building into a
> complete computer system. One of the things that I'll be doing with
> the completed system is some lightweight to medium duty video editing.
>
> As such, I opted to put a Firewire card into one of the expansion
> slots. And while doing that, I noticed that there are solder pads on
> the board for a Firewire port and a 1394 controller.
>
> What I'm wondering--did Asus ever make a version of the M2A-VM board
> with the Firewire stuff present? I've done some searching and come up
> empty, so I thought I'd ask here.
>
> William

Compare your M2A-VM to the M2A-VM HDMI, and there is Firewire on the latter.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131172

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131174

Paul
From: William R. Walsh on
Hi!

> Compare your M2A-VM to the M2A-VM HDMI, and there is Firewire
> on the latter.

Aha! Thank you, that explains it perfectly.

I didn't see the need to buy the HDMI version of the board at the time, as I
don't have anything that can accept or use HDMI input.

William