From: John H Meyers on
On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 15:00:28 -0500, Tommy wrote:

> I just started getting this error when opening/closing Eudora:
> Could not install Eudora MAPI system
> because MAPI.DLL and/or MAPI32.DLL could not be renamed.

"MAPI DLL Error when Launching Eudora"
(also explains how to manually install or restore the DLLs)
http://www.eudora.com/techsupport/kb/1897hq.html

When an application is not running with administrative privileges,
it can not replace Windows components.

One thing you can do, in such cases, is to use the "swEudora.exe" program
(running as administrator) to _permanently_ replace the Windows DLLs,
then tell Eudora to "Never" replace them on its own.

Related: "Eudora and MAPI"
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows/msg/6cf324ec23dbbd14

> Eudora Version 7.0.1.0

There's still time to get 7.1.0.9
http://www.eudora.com/download/

From: John H Meyers on
On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 15:00:28 -0500, Tommy wrote:

> Anybody know how to fix this bug.

It is not a bug in Eudora.

It is a stupidity in the design of Microsoft Office (and Windows)
which requires other email applications to have to suffer with it.