From: Jay on
Yeah, Yeah....

I followed all the instructions for fixing search (I hope), after the
upgrade. When I try to recrawl or reset the index, I am getting the following
error....

The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105
(RPC_E_SERVERFAULT))

Search is down.... (Yes I have rebooted the box)

Thx
From: Jay on
Some additional info from the Event Viewer

Application Server Administration job failed for service instance
Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchServiceInstance
(3d347408-9f0b-4aad-a15c-840cf598b853).

Reason: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040D23

Techinal Support Details:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040D23): Exception from
HRESULT: 0x80040D23
at
Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchServiceInstance.SynchronizeDefaultContentSource(IDictionary applications)
at
Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchServiceInstance.Synchronize()
at
Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.ApplicationServerJob.ProvisionLocalSharedServiceInstances(Boolean isAdministrationServiceJob)

An index corruption was detected in component IndexDirectory1 in catalog
Portal_Content. Stack trace is .Component:
35a12476-4e86-41bf-9a6f-8d5348494575

From: erik on
Anyone have a solution?
I have the same problem:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Office SharePoint Server
Event Category: Office Server Shared Services
Event ID: 6482
Date: 9/22/2006
Time: 8:45:42 PM
User: N/A
Computer: XXXX
Application Server Administration job failed for service instance
Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchServiceInstance
(41377c19-cbbb-490f-9c9b-c68292072514).