From: Raj on
What are the files required to read/write office documents from within my
..Net application? I don't have MS-Office in my computer and not allowed to
install it too! and can't use any third party tool also!!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you

Regards
Raj
From: Peter Duniho on
Raj wrote:
> What are the files required to read/write office documents from within my
> ..Net application? I don't have MS-Office in my computer and not allowed to
> install it too! and can't use any third party tool also!!
>
> Any help would be appreciated!

Well, let's see. You can't use Office, which is the only truly reliable
way to access office documents. You can't use third-party tools, which
wouldn't be reliable anyway but at least you wouldn't have to implement
the file parsing yourself. And there's for sure nothing built into .NET
that understands Office files generally.

Sounds like you are out of luck. You will have to write it yourself.

Pete
From: Felix Deutsch on
Am 01.07.2010 15:08, schrieb Raj:
> What are the files required to read/write office documents from within my
> .Net application? I don't have MS-Office in my computer and not allowed to
> install it too! and can't use any third party tool also!!

For manipulating .docx Office files (supported since Office 2007), look
into OpenXML SDK 2.0:

http://openxmldeveloper.org

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C6E744E5-36E9-45F5-8D8C-331DF206E0D0&displaylang=en
From: Raj on
Is it possible with the help of Office Developer Tools with VS2K8 + Office
runtime

Any help would be much appreciated

Thank you

Regards
Raj

From: Raj on
Really amazing! but we have only .doc documents and not .docx!

It seems the interop assembly being shipped with our asp.net application
requires lot of things to be done at the server side such as setting
security, moving it to DCOM etc.,

We got the following error message:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Retrieving the COM class factory for
component with CLSID {000209FF-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed due to the
following error: 80070005

We have limited access to our production server

Any help would be really appreciated

Thank you

Regards
Raj