From: rwpm1000 on
I currently use Office 2000 and use MS Outlook for my emails.
I have purchased Office Home & Student 2007 which doesn't incude Outlook.
If I load the software, will I lose use of my Outlook 2000 or will it still
be funtionable?
If I do lose it will I still be able to see my old emails or will they be
deleted from my PC?
I was thinking of transferring to Gmail, but don't think it's possible to
export my contact and old emails from Outlook 2000 to Gmail.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Regards

From: joefox on
Sometimes when you install a newer version of Office on a computer that
already has an existing Office application on it, it will ask if you want to
keep the original application or not. What I would do first, before
installing is to backup your mailbox just in case. It is ridiculous that
Outlook isn't in Office H&S to start with, but that's another topic.

From: DL on
No you will not lose anything

From: Orland, Kathleen on
Agreed, however you should make a backup of your PST just in case.

http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm

--

Kathleen Orland
Please support me in my efforts: SPCA Friends for Life 2010 Walk-A-Thon

From: rwpm1000 on
Thanks for your advice - I backed up my .pst files then held my breath as I
installed Office H&S 2007. Fantastic - Outlook 2000 still works.