From: Befuddled on
When I send out e-mails, sometimes the reply back to me does not include my
original text. Why? I know they are just hitting the reply button because
the Re line has "exactly" what I originally typed. This has happened on
several occasions.
From: joefox on
There is an option in Outlook and Outlook Express to include the original
message in a reply. If they have that option disabled, then when they reply
to you, the original message will be removed from the email.

In order to enable or disable this option in Outlook 2003 (I believe 2007
and Outlook Express are similar) please do the following -

- click Tools>Options>Preferences tab
- click Email Options...
- In the bottom section "On replies and forwards" click the drop-down under
"When replying to a message" and choose one of the options.

If you choose to "include original message text" for example, that will
include the original message when you reply to someone. If you want them to
do that, just ask them to set it up the same way.