From: Jack on
I mean no header files for msflexgrid!!
Thanks
Jack
From: Giovanni Dicanio on
On 18/06/2010 15:54, Joseph M. Newcomer wrote:
> To quote a VB MVP of some years ago:
>
> "The VB certification exam has 20 questions on the Micrsoft Grid control. There's only
> one answer you need to know for all 20 questions: use a third-party grid control"
>
> FlexGrid is a programmer-hostile control; I've used it under duress, and everything bad
> you've heard about it is true. But you will discover your own list of Really Bad Things
> about it on your own.

Chris Maunder's grid control

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/miscctrl/gridctrl.aspx

or Ultimate Grid

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/MFC/UltimateGrid.aspx

are much better.

Giovanni
From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
That;s correct. The header files are created in your source directory as a consequence of
inserting an ActiveX control into your project. If you just hand-edit some files, this
doesn't happen, and you won't get any of the correct headers defined.

But I would recommend avoiding the horror that is MSFlexGrid.

A well-thought-of grid control is the one on www.codeproject.com. The Dundas grid control
has been released as open source (I've used it and liked it). There are many others.
joe

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 22:15:40 +0800, Jack <jl(a)knight.com> wrote:

>I mean no header files for msflexgrid!!
>Thanks
>Jack
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
From: BobF on
On 6/18/2010 1:15 PM, Joseph M. Newcomer wrote:
> That;s correct. The header files are created in your source directory as a consequence of
> inserting an ActiveX control into your project. If you just hand-edit some files, this
> doesn't happen, and you won't get any of the correct headers defined.
>
> But I would recommend avoiding the horror that is MSFlexGrid.
>
> A well-thought-of grid control is the one on www.codeproject.com. The Dundas grid control
> has been released as open source (I've used it and liked it). There are many others.
> joe

Joe? You feeling OK? You just recommended an OS solution! :-)
From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
See below...
On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 14:00:48 -0500, BobF <nothanks(a)nospam.yum> wrote:

>On 6/18/2010 1:15 PM, Joseph M. Newcomer wrote:
>> That;s correct. The header files are created in your source directory as a consequence of
>> inserting an ActiveX control into your project. If you just hand-edit some files, this
>> doesn't happen, and you won't get any of the correct headers defined.
>>
>> But I would recommend avoiding the horror that is MSFlexGrid.
>>
>> A well-thought-of grid control is the one on www.codeproject.com. The Dundas grid control
>> has been released as open source (I've used it and liked it). There are many others.
>> joe
>>

>Joe? You feeling OK? You just recommended an OS solution! :-)
****
Huh? I distinctly thought I was recommending a 3rd-party solution...
joe
****