From: Jack on
Hello everyone,
I am interested in putting up a grid for testing purpose (VS2008 SP1),
I first make the control available in the toolbox,
Drag a flexgrid, then add a variable thru the class wizard.
Let's say the variable is called m_Grid

In my Dlg code, I try to do the following thing
m_Grid.Clear(); // which is okay
m_Grid.GetCols(); // 1>c:\users\garfield\documents\visual studio
2008\projects\mfcsimple01\mfcsimple01\mfcsimple01dlg.cpp(179) : error
C2039: 'GetCols' : is not a member of 'CMsflexgrid1'

my CMsflexgrid1 class is derived from CWnd which in my heart I think it
should be something else I am not sure about.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Jack

From: Jack on
於 18/6/2010 21:11, Jack 提到:
> Hello everyone,
> I am interested in putting up a grid for testing purpose (VS2008 SP1),
> I first make the control available in the toolbox,
> Drag a flexgrid, then add a variable thru the class wizard.
> Let's say the variable is called m_Grid
>
> In my Dlg code, I try to do the following thing
> m_Grid.Clear(); // which is okay
> m_Grid.GetCols(); // 1>c:\users\garfield\documents\visual studio
> 2008\projects\mfcsimple01\mfcsimple01\mfcsimple01dlg.cpp(179) : error
> C2039: 'GetCols' : is not a member of 'CMsflexgrid1'
>
> my CMsflexgrid1 class is derived from CWnd which in my heart I think it
> should be something else I am not sure about.
> Any ideas?
> Thanks
> Jack

I Changed the derived class to MSFlexGrid. But it says there are no such
classes.
Any ideas?
From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
To quote a VB MVP of some years ago:

"The VB certification exam has 20 questions on the Micrsoft Grid control. There's only
one answer you need to know for all 20 questions: use a third-party grid control"

FlexGrid is a programmer-hostile control; I've used it under duress, and everything bad
you've heard about it is true. But you will discover your own list of Really Bad Things
about it on your own.

Take a look at the class definition to see if the method is defined. It sounds like you
did not add the FlexGrid object to your project as an AcvtiveX control.

I used it many years ago and have largely forgotten the ways of using it, but you will
soon come to despise it like pretty much everyone else who has used it.
joe

>Hello everyone,
>I am interested in putting up a grid for testing purpose (VS2008 SP1),
>I first make the control available in the toolbox,
>Drag a flexgrid, then add a variable thru the class wizard.
>Let's say the variable is called m_Grid
>
>In my Dlg code, I try to do the following thing
>m_Grid.Clear(); // which is okay
>m_Grid.GetCols(); // 1>c:\users\garfield\documents\visual studio
>2008\projects\mfcsimple01\mfcsimple01\mfcsimple01dlg.cpp(179) : error
>C2039: 'GetCols' : is not a member of 'CMsflexgrid1'
>
>my CMsflexgrid1 class is derived from CWnd which in my heart I think it
>should be something else I am not sure about.
>Any ideas?
>Thanks
>Jack
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
CMSFlexGrid?

Note: you probably have the wrong header files included.
joe

From: Jack on

> CMSFlexGrid?
>
> Note: you probably have the wrong header files included.
> joe
Hi Joseph,
I don't even find my way to this file on my hard disk.
In plain word means no such file in my installation..strange :(
Thanks
Jack