From: Tony Toews on
On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 19:09:00 -0400, "Kevin Provance" <k(a)p.c> wrote:

>Only easier in that the VB6 runtime is installed with XP, Vista and 7,
>without the need to ship...but again, it doesn't include the ability to
>compi;e the runtime into the exe.

Presumably some very bright person will figure out a solution if
Windows version next doesn't have the VB6 runtime installed. And they
will charge a reasonable fee. Yup, faint hope.

Toy
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
From: David Kaye on
Tony Toews <ttoews(a)telusplanet.net> wrote:

>Presumably some very bright person will figure out a solution if
>Windows version next doesn't have the VB6 runtime installed. And they
>will charge a reasonable fee. Yup, faint hope.

I don't have a Win7 machine handy, but jeez, what's the problem? Nobody in
their right mind distributes a VB application without an installation program
anyway, and the intall program automatically installs the dependencies
including the VM.

From: Randem on
Create an Installer for your application...

Ref: http://www.randem.com/installerproblems.html

This should help

--
The Top Inno Setup Script Generator - http://www.randem.com/innoscript.html

From: Kevin Provance on
"Randem" <newsgroups(a)randem.com> wrote in message
: The Top Inno Setup Script Generator -
http://www.randem.com/innoscript.html

Top eh? I think that's up for debate.

From: Kevin Provance on

"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote in message
: David Kaye expressed precisely :
: > NadCixelsyd <nadcixelsyd(a)aol.com> wrote:
: >
: >> I wrote a VB5 program which I use daily on my own PC. My brother
: >> wants a copy of the EXE file so I email it to him. Right out of the
: >> box he gets a message that MSVBVM50.DLL is missing. Apparently this
: >> is some VB run time library module.
: >
: > Translated, it means Microsoft Visual Basic Virtual Machine 5.0. Any
recent
: > copy of Windows should have the MSVBVM on it.
:
: Windows 7 definitely needs it installed. HTH!

He doesn't know what he's talking about...knowing the difference between
version 5 and 6. Otherwise such a statement would not have been made.