From: tpsilva on

I use the Avira Anti Virus Personal(version 9).The *guard *of this
anti-virus detects the following.

VIRUS OR UNWANTED PROGRAM 'TR/CRYPT.XPACK.GEN [TROJAN]'
DETECTED IN FILE 'C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALL
USERS.WINDOWS\APPLICATION
DATA\YAHOO!\YAU\{12DD3A6D-1735-4863-B2DE-5E5B261F45A5}\BIT7.TMP.
ACTION PERFORMED: DELETE FILE

I am getting this message from my virus guard since yesterday.I got this
message now 18 times.
I performed following actions through my Avira Anti Virus Personal.
*Delete file.
*Move file to quarantine.
*Deny access.

Although I performed the above actions,I am keep getting the message
from
the *guard* of my Avira Anti Virus Personal.
However when I run a full system scan, Avira Anti Virus Personal doesn't
detect the above virus or unwanted program.

Please help me to solve this problem.

tpsilva.

--
tpsilva
tpsilva's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/72293.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: FromTheRafters on
"tpsilva" <tpsilva.48ut9a(a)DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> I use the Avira Anti Virus Personal(version 9).The *guard *of this
> anti-virus detects the following.
>
> VIRUS OR UNWANTED PROGRAM 'TR/CRYPT.XPACK.GEN [TROJAN]'
> DETECTED IN FILE 'C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\ALL
> USERS.WINDOWS\APPLICATION
> DATA\YAHOO!\YAU\{12DD3A6D-1735-4863-B2DE-5E5B261F45A5}\BIT7.TMP.
> ACTION PERFORMED: DELETE FILE
>
> I am getting this message from my virus guard since yesterday.I got
> this
> message now 18 times.
> I performed following actions through my Avira Anti Virus Personal.
> *Delete file.
> *Move file to quarantine.
> *Deny access.
>
> Although I performed the above actions,I am keep getting the message
> from
> the *guard* of my Avira Anti Virus Personal.
> However when I run a full system scan, Avira Anti Virus Personal
> doesn't
> detect the above virus or unwanted program.
>
> Please help me to solve this problem.

You could submit the suspect file to virustotal.com, jotti.org, or
virscan.org to see what other antimalware engines have to say.

From: gufus on
Hello, FromTheRafters!

You wrote on Sat, 3 Apr 2010 14:14:21 -0400:

| You could submit the suspect file to virustotal.com, jotti.org, or
| virscan.org to see what other antimalware engines have to say.

Yep, could be positive-negative.. delete it to be /sure/ though.

--
With best regards, gufus. E-mail: stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca

From: gufus on
Hello, tpsilva!

You wrote on Sat, 3 Apr 2010 12:18:18 -0500:

| VIRUS OR UNWANTED PROGRAM 'TR/CRYPT.XPACK.GEN [TROJAN]'
| DETECTED IN FILE 'C:\DOCUMENTS AND
| SETTINGS\ALLUSERS.WINDOWS\APPLICATIONDATA\YAHOO!\YAU\{12DD3A6D-1735-4863-
| B2DE-5E5B261F45A5}\BIT7.TMP. ACTION PERFORMED: DELETE FILE

| Although I performed the above actions,I am keep getting the messagefrom
| the *guard* of my Avira Anti Virus Personal.

You do see the file "bit7.tmp"? Check it out, or /FRY/ it.

--
With best regards, gufus. E-mail: stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "gufus" <stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca>

| Hello, FromTheRafters!

| You wrote on Sat, 3 Apr 2010 14:14:21 -0400:

| |
|| You could submit the suspect file to virustotal.com, jotti.org, or
|| virscan.org to see what other antimalware engines have to say.

| Yep, could be positive-negative.. delete it to be /sure/ though.

No, quarantine not delete.

--
Dave