From: ChrisS on
I have a dozen parts books which have their own database and each has the
same structured table for their data.
In each database, I have linked tables to all other database tables which
allows me to compare data.
From time to time I need to query all databases to see whether they contain
say, a part number or a part description. I this possible with just one
query, interogating all tables?
I am also new to query structuring.
From: PieterLinden via AccessMonster.com on
ChrisS wrote:
>I have a dozen parts books which have their own database and each has the
>same structured table for their data.
>In each database, I have linked tables to all other database tables which
>allows me to compare data.
>From time to time I need to query all databases to see whether they contain
>say, a part number or a part description. I this possible with just one
>query, interogating all tables?
>I am also new to query structuring.

Ouch. Sort of... but incredibly ugly. You could create lots of union
queries and then query those, but you lose all the indexing once you do that,
so the queries even over less than 1000 records can take forever. I would
consolidate them all into one database and maybe add a column to the parent
table to differentiate the records. Then you can query them all at once or a
single year at a time.

Pages: 1
Prev: Number of occurences
Next: make-table