From: John H Meyers on
On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 12:21:21 -0600, Todd wrote:

> outgoing server is set to localHost

Unless you are running an SMTP server on your own computer,
and have unrestricted outgoing port 25 to support it,
this tends to indicate that you are using some anti-malware product,
which you may have let insert itself between you and your mail servers,
which can also be a source of further complications.

> In any event, it's working now.

There must earlier have been an eclipse of the Earth,
cutting off its link :)

Duplicate downloads can be provoked by local changes in Eudora
(losing "lmos.dat" or changing POP server specs),
or by server changes (POP server re-assigning unique message IDs),
the latter of which might have occurred during that eclipse :)

From: Todd on
On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 18:55:29 -0600, "John H Meyers"
<jhmeyers(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:

>On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 12:21:21 -0600, Todd wrote:
>
>> outgoing server is set to localHost
>
>Unless you are running an SMTP server on your own computer,
>and have unrestricted outgoing port 25 to support it,
>this tends to indicate that you are using some anti-malware product,
>which you may have let insert itself between you and your mail servers,
>which can also be a source of further complications.

I do use SpamSubtract, which filters unknown senders until I can look
at them and decide if they are friend or foe. But I've never had much
trouble with that program. I've found it to be one of the most useful
free programs I've ever used.

>> In any event, it's working now.
>
>There must earlier have been an eclipse of the Earth,
>cutting off its link :)
>
>Duplicate downloads can be provoked by local changes in Eudora
>(losing "lmos.dat" or changing POP server specs),
>or by server changes (POP server re-assigning unique message IDs),
>the latter of which might have occurred during that eclipse :)

Ah, this makes sense. I copied my lmos.dat file out of the folder it
was in then deleted it to see if rebuilding it would help. Good to
know.

Thanks again.

Todd