From: 9600 on
Thanks all for the input.
Yes I understand that I didnt give any other info such as the rest of
the gear being used, seating layout, room materials and room
dimensions. I have already entered all the data (different speaker
patterns, room modes, RT60 readings and a 3D layout of the theater
etc.) in a Acouti CAD program and used my SIMMS sysytem and TEFCron for
further measurments. I do need a center cluster for the shows that
flown speakers or any speakers on stage can not be visible, ie.
orchestras that do not use any PA and use our orchestra shell and do
not want to see any speakers. Also most broadway and road shows travel
there own riggs and only patch into our balcony, under balcony and
delayed fills. I am working with a national design/installation firm
now. They are basiclly doing the wiring, amp racks, 70v system design
and labor.
I am leaning toward Meyer since thats what I already have and have
never had any problems and had good results. I have been using Meyer
since Ultrasound days on the road and in the theater. The JBLs sound
too harsh, EAWs and new EVs are not bad for rock, never used the RH
gear, Nexos were not too smooth and subs were not tight (possible op
error)
I just was looking for any personal opinions and experiances with
various line arrays in theaters. Basiclly what works for you.
Good dispersion and phase control, clarity, natural vocals, enough
headroom for a mid size rock show, easy to fly thats all I want..hehehe
thanks

.. In article <4kDvg.15387$ZH1.8340(a)bignews4.bellsouth.net>, jakdedert

From: Phildo on

"9600" <not(a)allreal.com> wrote in message
> I just was looking for any personal opinions and experiances with
> various line arrays in theaters.

I saw a D&B line array in a theatre last week. Sound absolutely blew me
away. One for you to consider.

Phildo

From: Rupert on

9600 wrote:
> Thanks all for the input.
> Yes I understand that I didnt give any other info such as the rest of
> the gear being used, seating layout, room materials and room
> dimensions. I have already entered all the data (different speaker
> patterns, room modes, RT60 readings and a 3D layout of the theater
> etc.) in a Acouti CAD program and used my SIMMS sysytem and TEFCron for
> further measurments. I do need a center cluster for the shows that
> flown speakers or any speakers on stage can not be visible, ie.
> orchestras that do not use any PA and use our orchestra shell and do
> not want to see any speakers. Also most broadway and road shows travel
> there own riggs and only patch into our balcony, under balcony and
> delayed fills. I am working with a national design/installation firm
> now. They are basiclly doing the wiring, amp racks, 70v system design
> and labor.
> I am leaning toward Meyer since thats what I already have and have
> never had any problems and had good results. I have been using Meyer
> since Ultrasound days on the road and in the theater. The JBLs sound
> too harsh, EAWs and new EVs are not bad for rock, never used the RH
> gear, Nexos were not too smooth and subs were not tight (possible op
> error)
> I just was looking for any personal opinions and experiances with
> various line arrays in theaters. Basiclly what works for you.
> Good dispersion and phase control, clarity, natural vocals, enough
> headroom for a mid size rock show, easy to fly thats all I want..hehehe
> thanks
>
> . In article <4kDvg.15387$ZH1.8340(a)bignews4.bellsouth.net>, jakdedert
> <jakdedert(a)bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> > 9600 wrote:
> > > Hello, We own a 2000 seat theater and are going to do a major audio
> > > renovation this year. It has 70 ft of cleance between the current
> > > rigging points. We have been experimenting with Meyers MILO, EAW KB730,
> > > D&B and various other boxes. Since we get a lot of touring act I get to
> > > hear many systems. I have to take in a count of processing, EQ and the
> > > FOH man. I think 5 midsized line array boxes per side (2 subs on the
> > > ground per side) and a center cluster 5 or more depending on which
> > > boxes are used. The line arrays will be on chain motors so during
> > > small/lower volume shows they can be removed and just the cluster used.
> > > I am just looking for other opinions. Any input is appreciated.
> > >
> > It's too difficult to judge from this little info, but one question I
> > would ask is whether you need the center cluster at all....
> >
> > jak
> > > Mr.P

Sounds like you've been doing your homework. The Meyer stuff does sound
very good, so it would be hard to go wrong with it. I was going to also
suggest V-DOSC by L'Acoustics. Fantastic sounding for all types of
music, accepted by virtually every touring group out there. I think
their HF wave-guide still sounds the best, and it's the one many other
L.A. manufacturers have been attempting to copy without infringing on
the patent. They also have the new KUDO, which can be configured as a
vertical or horizontal line array, and the DOSC wave-guide has
adjustable coverage angels. Extremely versatile and sounds great.

http://www.l-acoustics.com/site-US/produitsus.htm

Rupert

From: Sammy on
9600 wrote:

> I am leaning toward Meyer since thats what I already have and have
> never had any problems and had good results. I have been using Meyer
> since Ultrasound days on the road and in the theater.

I heard a 9 per side rig of their new M'elodie line array (smaller
'sister' of Milo). Stunning. Was paired with 5 HP700 subs in this
700-seater, that was a bit overkill though :-)
They also had a M1D centercluster. Killer combo IMO.

Sander
From: Tim Padrick on

Arrays of http://www.danleysoundlabs.com/DANLEY_sh50.htm