From: Rob Beech - Cnics Audio on

"Phildo" <Phil(a)phildo.net> wrote in message

> "9600" <not(a)allreal.com> wrote in message
>> I just was looking for any personal opinions and experiances with
>> various line arrays in theaters.
>
> I saw a D&B line array in a theatre last week. Sound absolutely blew me
> away. One for you to consider.
>
> Phildo

Was that the little one Phil. the Q series?

Q series is fantastic stuff. the Q subs have a certain B2 sound to them.

Rob

From: Phildo on

"Rob Beech - Cnics Audio" <rob@(remove)cnics.co.uk> wrote in message
>> I saw a D&B line array in a theatre last week. Sound absolutely blew me
>> away. One for you to consider.
>>
> Was that the little one Phil. the Q series?
>
> Q series is fantastic stuff. the Q subs have a certain B2 sound to them.

I think it was the J series. I'm going back to see the show again next week
so will take a closer look.

Phildo

From: Rob Beech - Cnics Audio on

> "Rob Beech - Cnics Audio" <rob@(remove)cnics.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> I saw a D&B line array in a theatre last week. Sound absolutely blew me
>>> away. One for you to consider.
>>>
>> Was that the little one Phil. the Q series?
>>
>> Q series is fantastic stuff. the Q subs have a certain B2 sound to them.
>
> I think it was the J series. I'm going back to see the show again next
> week so will take a closer look.
>
> Phildo

Ahh i've heard but never used th J series. very nice too.

been using the Q series alot recently. very small footprint, very big sound.

Rob

From: 9600 on
We are leaning towards meyer, d&b or Nexo. I use d&b (not the new line
array sytem) and nexo systems in here alot so I just need to find a
theater that has a d&b line array, meyer milo or m'elodie system in it
thats in the south USA.
thanks for all the input.

peace

In article <44c629be$1_2(a)mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com>, Rob Beech -

From: David D. Berkowitz on

> We are leaning towards meyer, d&b or Nexo. I use d&b (not the new line
> array sytem) and nexo systems in here alot so I just need to find a
> theater that has a d&b line array, meyer milo or m'elodie system in it
> thats in the south USA.
> thanks for all the input.
>
> peace

We recently installed a complete d&b Q1 line array at Strathmore Hall here
in Rockville, MD. The hall is seats 1976. We listened to lots of systems,
although we didn't have an opportunity to listen to the Meyer in the hall.
But the d&b blew away everything we listened to -- EAW, Martin, L'Acoustic,
Vertec, and I believe we also had the EV system in there. The venue is a
concert hall that is all maple and white birch. There's no carpeting and
the only sound suppression is in the walls and grid -- tubes and drops that
we can deploy through a central controller. The d&b had the most modest
footprint and had the warmest presentation in this environment. It has
wonderful coverage and does well for everything from jazz to hard rock.

All the best,

David D. Berkowitz