From: Bernard Peek on
I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 on a Creative Slix system. I've been trying to
use Skype. The problem is that the microphone sound is too feint to use,
despite switching on the 20dB boost. It's not a hardware problem because
I've been running Windows NT using the same hardware and it worked
perfectly.

Any thoughts?

--
Bernard Peek
bap(a)shrdlu.com
From: Geoff Clements on
Bernard Peek wrote:

> I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 on a Creative Slix system. I've been trying to
> use Skype. The problem is that the microphone sound is too feint to use,
> despite switching on the 20dB boost. It's not a hardware problem because
> I've been running Windows NT using the same hardware and it worked
> perfectly.
>
> Any thoughts?

My mixer panel also has a Capture channel with a slider as well as the Mic
and the Mic Boost channels.

--
Geoff
From: Bernard Peek on
On 11/03/10 19:26, Geoff Clements wrote:
> Bernard Peek wrote:
>
>> I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 on a Creative Slix system. I've been trying to
>> use Skype. The problem is that the microphone sound is too feint to use,
>> despite switching on the 20dB boost. It's not a hardware problem because
>> I've been running Windows NT using the same hardware and it worked
>> perfectly.
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>>

> My mixer panel also has a Capture channel with a slider as well as the Mic
> and the Mic Boost channels.

That's also set to 100%.

--
Bernard Peek
bap(a)shrdlu.com
From: Geoff Clements on
Bernard Peek wrote:

> On 11/03/10 19:26, Geoff Clements wrote:
>> Bernard Peek wrote:
>>
>>> I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 on a Creative Slix system. I've been trying to
>>> use Skype. The problem is that the microphone sound is too feint to use,
>>> despite switching on the 20dB boost. It's not a hardware problem because
>>> I've been running Windows NT using the same hardware and it worked
>>> perfectly.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts?
>>>

>> My mixer panel also has a Capture channel with a slider as well as the
>> Mic and the Mic Boost channels.
>>

> That's also set to 100%.

Have you tried un-checking the "Allow Skype to automatically adjust my mixer
levels" box in Skype options under "Sound Devices"?

--
Geoff
From: Bernard Peek on
On 11/03/10 21:38, Geoff Clements wrote:
> Bernard Peek wrote:

>>> My mixer panel also has a Capture channel with a slider as well as the
>>> Mic and the Mic Boost channels.
>>>

>> That's also set to 100%.
>>

> Have you tried un-checking the "Allow Skype to automatically adjust my mixer
> levels" box in Skype options under "Sound Devices"?

I have now. It made no difference.

--
Bernard Peek
bap(a)shrdlu.com