From: Ron Hardin on
A scratch'n'dent laptop came without AC
wall-to-adapter portion of the power cord.

Curiously, it's missing from the system
description sheet as well.

Somebody's extremely good at bookkeeping but not
exhibiting common sense.
--
rhhardin(a)mindspring.com

From: RnR on
On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 08:40:03 -0500, Ron Hardin
<rhhardin(a)mindspring.com> wrote:

>A scratch'n'dent laptop came without AC
>wall-to-adapter portion of the power cord.
>
>Curiously, it's missing from the system
>description sheet as well.
>
>Somebody's extremely good at bookkeeping but not
>exhibiting common sense.

GIMME A BREAK !!!

Dell describes it correctly and you blame them? You aren't buying a
new system, remember? Do we have to hold your hand too ?

From: William R. Walsh on
Hi!

> Curiously, it's missing from the system description sheet as
> well.

Heh. You'd think they would throw one in, be it as a separate part or
something, in its own little bag.

Oh well, they're not terribly expensive and you might be able to snake
one from something else.

William
From: Bob Villa on
On Apr 2, 8:02 am, "RnR" <rnrte...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 08:40:03 -0500, Ron Hardin
>
> <rhhar...(a)mindspring.com> wrote:
> >A scratch'n'dent laptop came without AC
> >wall-to-adapter portion of the power cord.
>
> >Curiously, it's missing from the system
> >description sheet as well.
>
> >Somebody's extremely good at bookkeeping but not
> >exhibiting common sense.
>
> GIMME A BREAK !!!
>
> Dell describes it correctly and you blame them?  You aren't buying a
> new system, remember?   Do we have to hold your hand too ?

WoW, this doesn't sound like RnR!!! Maybe you should check your meds
too! B^)
bob
From: RnR on
On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 13:25:55 -0700 (PDT), Bob Villa
<pheeh.zero(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>On Apr 2, 8:02�am, "RnR" <rnrte...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 08:40:03 -0500, Ron Hardin
>>
>> <rhhar...(a)mindspring.com> wrote:
>> >A scratch'n'dent laptop came without AC
>> >wall-to-adapter portion of the power cord.
>>
>> >Curiously, it's missing from the system
>> >description sheet as well.
>>
>> >Somebody's extremely good at bookkeeping but not
>> >exhibiting common sense.
>>
>> GIMME A BREAK !!!
>>
>> Dell describes it correctly and you blame them? �You aren't buying a
>> new system, remember? � Do we have to hold your hand too ?
>
>WoW, this doesn't sound like RnR!!! Maybe you should check your meds
>too! B^)
>bob

No, I *MEANT* every word. I will give him credit for reading the
description sheet but that's it. He needs to take responsibility for
his own carelessness for not paying enough attention to detail and not
blame Dell who correctly omitted it. Now had Dell said it was part of
the order and he didn't get it, then I would blame Dell for the same
(assuming it wasn't lost in the mail of course).

Perhaps 2 good things have resulted from this experience for Ron.
First, he will pay more attention to detail next time when he orders a
system and second, his carelessness, as William pointed out, shouldn't
cost him much.

ps-- my only meds so far (knock on wood) is coffee.