From: Jeroen Mostert on
On 2010-05-20 21:35, Elden Armbrust wrote:

> "Jeroen Mostert" wrote:
>
>> On 2010-04-27 2:45, shapper wrote:
>>> The project builds fine but when I run it I get the following error:
>>>
>>> Mixed mode assembly is built against version 'v2.0.50727' of the
>>> runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime without additional
>>> configuration information.
>>>
>>> Does anyone knows how to solve this problem?
>>>
>> Read the message again, especially where it talks about additional
>> configuration information. Then search the web for this message. Then solve
>> your problem.
>>

> Why even comment if your "answer" is going to be like that?

Something like "give a man a fish and feed him for a day, beat him with a
cluestick and he'll knows when he should buy a rod instead of begging for food".

> You sir, should not "help" anyone until you know what you're doing.

Call it malice if you like, but don't attribute it to ignorance.

--
J.
From: Willem van Rumpt on
On 21-5-2010 19:20, Elden Armbrust wrote:
> You didn't teach him to fish, you pointed at a fishing pole and said "Go
> figure it out." The message is NOT answered where it is easily obtainable.
> In fact, the reference I posted was from an ASP.Net related post from
> Microsoft. Again, before you go spouting nonsense, please educate yourself
> on the subject rather than posting something completely useless. There are
> enough useless search results on the internet, why would you want to flaunt
> your ignorance of the subject?
> The issue is closed, I answered the OP's question. Stop being bitter, and
> move on with life.
> -E

Enter

"Mixed mode assembly is built against version 'v2.0.50727' of the
runtime and cannot be loaded in the 4.0 runtime without additional
configuration information"

(The *exact* message associated with the exception) in google.

The first hit has an answer.

It's not about bitterness, it's not about flaunting, it's about making
an actual effort before crying help.

--
Willem van Rumpt
From: Jeroen Mostert on
On 2010-05-21 19:20, Elden Armbrust wrote:
[handholding]
> You didn't teach him to fish, you pointed at a fishing pole and said "Go
> figure it out." The message is NOT answered where it is easily obtainable.

Now you're just being silly. Search engines exist for a reason, and the
primary use case for them is when you are searching for something very
specific, like the particular error message the OP posted.

I could have simply replied http://www.justfuckinggoogleit.com, but I
decided to go the extra mile and use complete sentences and such. In fact, I
thought it was rather neat in its terseness. I'm sorry you didn't like it.
On the plus side, it was free.

> In fact, the reference I posted was from an ASP.Net related post from
> Microsoft. Again, before you go spouting nonsense, please educate yourself
> on the subject rather than posting something completely useless.

I did, of course, search for the phrase myself first like the OP might have
done, and got hits aplenty on the first page. The second one in fact had the
solution spelled out. That's just about all the due diligence required, I think.

> There are enough useless search results on the internet

There are also enough useful search results. If you feel it's a useful
expenditure of time to play "Search the Web" on behalf of other people, good
for you. I like "Encourage People to Search the Web Themselves" more.

> The issue is closed, I answered the OP's question. Stop being bitter,
> and move on with life.

I'm not bitter at all, just slightly bemused. You're coming off as terribly
naive. In fact, if you're trolling, good game.

--
J.