From: k on

"Beverly Howard" <Bev(a)NoSpamBevHoward.com> wrote in message
| >> not much activity <<
|
| partialy true, but more relevant is the fact that wmdc is pretty broke
| and most people here don't have solutions plus they have given up on it.
|
| If you are condemned to wmdc (vista or above) consider exchange sync
| options... google has a free one... see
| http://bevhoward.com/GoogleSync.htm for info on that.

there's maybe something useful under oldversions too

http://www.oldversion.com/Microsoft_ActiveSync.html

Microsoft ActiveSync 3.0 Build 9204 (3.2 MB)
Microsoft ActiveSync 3.1 Build 9587 (3.8 MB)
Microsoft ActiveSync 3.5 Build 12007 (3.7 MB)
Microsoft ActiveSync 3.6 Build 2148 (3.7 MB)
Microsoft ActiveSync 3.7.1 Build 4034 (3.8 MB)
Microsoft ActiveSync 3.8 Build 5004 (3.8 MB)
Microsoft ActiveSync 4.1 (7.1 MB)
Microsoft ActiveSync 4.2 (6.9 MB)
Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5 Beta (7.1 MB)

From: Beverly Howard on
>> oldversion <<

good info and site, but, unfortunately, no version of activesync runs on
vista and above.

Beverly Howard
From: RDK on
Folks....Thanks for all of the ideas. I will try to get back to this
tomorrow or over the weekend. I'll lwt you know how I make out.....RDK

From: dgk on
On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 18:33:36 +0100, "RDK" <RDK_News(a)NoSpamHotMail.com>
wrote:

>Beverly....Thanks for the ideas. I will try these tomorrow or Friday. I
>know where the Acer CD is, but not sure about the Dell Axim. If I can't find
>the Axim CD do you know of another source for the files?
>
>I gather from your reply and Frankster's that the Vista "drivers" will also
>work on Windows 7?
>
>Thanks again.....RDK
>
>"Beverly Howard" <Bev(a)NoSpamBevHoward.com> wrote in message
>>
>> hmmm... brings up another possibility...
>>
>> The winmobile drivers are simply files that associate the device id with
>> the sync app... The following _might_ address.
>>
>> Find the CD that came with the device(s) and find WCEUSBSH.INF and (for XP
>> and above) WCEUSBSH.CAT, copy those to the pc, rightclick the inf file and
>> select install.
>>
>> I know it's there for the axim, not sure about the acer.
>>
>> Additionally, ms "drops" sync support for older devices with each
>> incarnation of their sync "tool" and that could be a factor as well.
>>
>> Beverly Howard

Try asking here:

http://www.mobilitysite.com/boards/pocket-pc-forums/

That's formerly AximSite and they knew everything there was to know
about them.

From: RDK on
Folks...OK, I have tried a couple of your ideas and I have discovered that I
can not read my own handwritting ( :-( ), so part of my original post is
incorrect. I have corrected that and updated as per the suggestions:

1) for the Axim X30 (OS Window Mobile 2003 2nd Edition),
it shows up in the "Printers and Devices" as an "unspecified Device" /
"Dell Axim USB Sync"
AND in the "Device Manager" under "Mobile Devices" as a "Dell Axim USB
Sync"

2) for the Acer N300 (OS Windows Mobile 5 (OS 5.1.195 Build 14292.2.2.1)),
it shows up in the "Printers and Devices" as a "Generic RNDIS"
AND in the "Device Manager" as a "Network Adapter" identified as "Microsoft
Windows Mobile Remote Adapter"
AND on the PDA, Acrive Sync shows Connected.

3) and finally for our Mia P550 DigiWalker PDA/GPS (OS Windows Mobile 5 (OS
5.1.195 Build 14292.2.2.1)),
it shows up in the "Printers and Devices" as a "Microsoft Windows Mobile
Remote Adapter #2"
AND in the "Device Manager" as a "Network Adapter" identified as "Microsoft
Windows Mobile Remote Adapter #2"
AND on the PDA it complained about needed ActiveSync 4.1 or higher on the
PC

None of the devices has ever shown "Connected" for the Mobile Device Manger
in Windows 7

Removing and reinatalling the USB devices/drivers via the Device Manager and
rebooting had no effect

Any more ideas?......RDK