From: RDK on
MegaTec45.....Sorry for the delay, I've been battling with the other two PDA
and not winning any of the battles. I will try to address your questions
the next time I get back to that PC with my Mio.....RDK

"megatec45" <megatec45(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
On Mar 13, 9:57 pm, "RDK" <RDK_N...(a)NoSpamHotMail.com> wrote:
> MegaTec45....Thanks. As you will see in the new posting above I was able
> successfully get one of my units to connect and sync.
>
> I will have to look at the BlueTooth level, i was not aware there were
> differences. I would hope that earlier BlueTooth devices would work with
> 2.0 as it is the two older devices which are stillnot connecting.....RDK
>
> "megatec45" <megate...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Mar 12, 10:50 pm, "RDK" <RDK_N...(a)NoSpamHotMail.com> wrote:
>
> > MegaTec45....Can you install programs on the PDA from the Windows 7 PC
> > using
> > BlueTooth? I will get a BlueTooth device today and try out your
> > suggestion.....RDK
>
> Yes, the Activesync with Blue Tooth works the same as USB. For just
> transferring files, I personally like using WiFi Remote Access
> If your phone uses BT 2.0 make sure the dongle is for BT 2.0 as well

I'm pretty sure that the BT 2.0 is backward compatable.
Are you able to sync every time now with USB? The reason I'm asking is
that I was able to sync sometimes with USB after deleting partnerships
rebooting and connecting, but usually after one or two syncs, it would
stop again. So far the only reliable sync has been BT.
With your other 2 devices, have you made sure to pair them with your
PC? Also, I think you have to select the device in BT manger when
changing from one to the other.
The only thing that BT sync won't be able to do is a new ROM flash, it
requires a USB connection.

From: RDK on
Folks .....Yes, I have gotten all of the PDA's to connect and sync with
Windows 7.

How? That's a very good question and the answer is not crystal clear, but
here goes:

-> Coincidently with this problem, Windows 7 was complaining about some
incompatibilities with Nero 8. So as a good husband, I went out and got an
upgrade to Nero 9 and at the same time they offered, "Move it" as $12 extra.
"Move It" is an app which is supposed to allow one to connect to phones,
music players, and other devices to transfer music, etc. For $12 I got it
also.
-> today I installed Nero 9 and "Move it".
-> "Move it" did not connect or see any of our phones or PDA's
-> but while trying with it, all of a sudden Windows 7 recognized the
USB connection from the Acer to the PC. Mobile Device Center asked for the
PDA password, and it was connected and ready to sync!!
-> Obstanently, Bluetooth did not work??
-> I tried the Dell with the USB, and it worked like the Acer above.
Bluetooth did not work

So was it the Nero app, a change in the phase of the moon or an update from
Microsoft? I don't know!

I also downloaded the VISTA version of the phone sync app from Samsung.
Installed it and Windows 7 now sees my phone. "Move it" id not.

THE END......RDK

From: RDK on
MegaRec45.....I fired up the MIO again today and it synced just fine. See
my above post to find out about the other units. Preview....Success.....RDK

From: megatec45 on
On Mar 22, 3:51 pm, "RDK" <RDK_N...(a)NoSpamHotMail.com> wrote:
> MegaRec45.....I fired up the MIO again today and it synced just fine.  See
> my above post to find out about the other units.  Preview....Success......RDK"megatec45" <megate...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Mar 13, 9:57 pm, "RDK" <RDK_N...(a)NoSpamHotMail.com> wrote:
>

> > MegaTec45....Thanks. As you will see in the new posting above I was able
> > successfully get one of my units to connect and sync.
>
> > I will have to look at the BlueTooth level, i was not aware there were
> > differences. I would hope that earlier BlueTooth devices would work with
> > 2.0 as it is the two older devices which are stillnot connecting.....RDK
>
> > "megatec45" <megate...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Mar 12, 10:50 pm, "RDK" <RDK_N...(a)NoSpamHotMail.com> wrote:
>
> > > MegaTec45....Can you install programs on the PDA from the Windows 7 PC
> > > using
> > > BlueTooth? I will get a BlueTooth device today and try out your
> > > suggestion.....RDK
>
> > Yes, the Activesync with Blue Tooth works the same as USB. For just
> > transferring files, I personally like using WiFi Remote Access
> > If your phone uses BT 2.0 make sure the dongle is for BT 2.0 as well
>
> I'm pretty sure that the BT 2.0 is backward compatable.
> Are you able to sync every time now with USB? The reason I'm asking is
> that I was able to sync sometimes with USB after deleting partnerships
> rebooting and connecting, but usually after one or two syncs, it would
> stop again. So far the only reliable sync has been BT.
> With your other 2 devices, have you made sure to pair them with your
> PC? Also, I think you have to select the device in BT manger when
> changing from one to the other.
> The only thing that BT sync won't be able to do is a new ROM flash, it
> requires a USB connection.

Glad to here you were able to resolve the issues!