From: Beverly Howard on
no mention of the .inf file in your post... that's critical to tell your
pc what these devices do when connected.

Window Mobile 2003 2nd Edition works just fine with Activesync 3.8 which
I would recommend unless you are vista and above... if so, wmdc is the
only option.

Windows mobile 5 or above requires activesync (XP) or wmdc... The
"activesync" simply reflects the fact that wmdc did not exist when that
os was released.

Beverly Howard
From: megatec45 on
On Mar 9, 9:20 am, "RDK" <RDK_N...(a)NoSpamHotMail.com> wrote:
> Hello....I have two PDA's, an Dell Axum and an Acer N300.  They both work
> just fine with Windows XP via Active Sync - plug in the USB cable and they
> just start working.  I have just built a new Windows 7 PC and installed
> Mobile Device Center.  With either of the PDA attached using the USB
> connection when Mobile Device Center is started it indicates "Not
> Connected".  I have tried several settings on the "Mobile Device Settings"
> without success.
>
> What am I missing here?  The Acer N300 is running the Mobile 5 OS....RDK

I have an LG Expo and cannot sync via USB also. I found that I can
sync using a blutooth dongle without any problems. I also use a free
app called WiFi remote access, available through the Openmarket app
that works great also.
From: RDK on
Beverly.....You are right, today I will look for the CD's for these devices
and see if I can find the files you mentioned. By the way, this is a
Windows 7 issue, all three PDA work just fine with XP and have never been
"exposed" to Vista so I can not comment on whether or not they would work
with it.

Thanks for the reminder......RDK

From: RDK on
MegaTec45....Can you install programs on the PDA from the Windows 7 PC using
BlueTooth? I will get a BlueTooth device today and try out your
suggestion.....RDK

From: RDK on
Beverly....Well, I found the file in on my Acer setup CD. I copied it to
the desktop on the Window 7 PC. When I right-click and select Install it
gives me this error: "The INF file you selected does not support this method
of installation". If you wish I can e-mail you the file? Is it possible
there is something special that Windows 7 is looking for in the INF file?
....RDK