From: Ray Dawson on
Paul Harris <nospam(a)127.0.0.1> wrote:

> > There's a setting on some Nokias, Samsung and SE phones that allow you
> > to block SMS from a certain number. I know this because my wife
> > inadvertently (?!) blocked texts from me a while back, and it had us
> > baffled. We also called the network (02 and 3) and got the same answers
> > as you!
> >
> I don't know what the setting actually is as was not the one with the
> problem but I would suggest that they looking through their settings as it
> is will be there somewhere. Try barring or look under messaging.

OK, having had a look at the phone - a Samsung - my text has been added to
the block list by mistake, instead of to the contact list.

I'm not sure what model number the Samsung is, but it's 4 years old and
could be D500/600/900 series.

Any ideas on how to remove a number from the block list, or even to get to
the block list? If I open the message and go to Options, there is an 'Add to
block list' which opens the block list and shows the number at the top of
the list. However, it's not obvious how to remove it from the list.

Clicking the number in the block list gives the option of 'Overwrite' but
clicking OK on this doesn't remove the number.

How do you open the block list in a Samsung mobile and how do you remove
numbers entered in it?

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers,

Ray D
From: Paul Harris on
In message <gemini.l6bp3b000f3q1044o.ray(a)magray.freeserve.co.uk>, Ray
Dawson <ray(a)magray.freeserve.co.uk> writes
>Paul Harris <nospam(a)127.0.0.1> wrote:
>
>> I don't know what the setting actually is as was not the one with the
>> problem but I would suggest that they looking through their settings as it
>> is will be there somewhere. Try barring or look under messaging.
>
>OK, having had a look at the phone - a Samsung - my text has been added to
>the block list by mistake, instead of to the contact list.
>
>I'm not sure what model number the Samsung is, but it's 4 years old and
>could be D500/600/900 series.

Good we are making progress.

>Any ideas on how to remove a number from the block list, or even to get to
>the block list? If I open the message and go to Options, there is an 'Add to
>block list' which opens the block list and shows the number at the top of
>the list. However, it's not obvious how to remove it from the list.
>
>Clicking the number in the block list gives the option of 'Overwrite' but
>clicking OK on this doesn't remove the number.
>
>How do you open the block list in a Samsung mobile and how do you remove
>numbers entered in it?
>
>Any help gratefully received.

Hope this works as I found the answer by surfing for it. Go to the
address book, look for reject list, select your number or name, then
options and delete to remove it.

If that option isn't available (as they are not all the same) try menu,
settings, set calls, general, auto reject and you should be able to
select your number from the list.
--
Paul Harris
From: Ray Dawson on
Paul Harris <nospam(a)127.0.0.1> wrote:

> Hope this works as I found the answer by surfing for it. Go to the
> address book, look for reject list, select your number or name, then
> options and delete to remove it.
>
> If that option isn't available (as they are not all the same) try menu,
> settings, set calls, general, auto reject and you should be able to select
> your number from the list.

Thanks, I'll try that again tomorrow when I get my hands on the phone again.

Cheers,

Ray D
From: Peter on
On 28 Jul 2010, Chris Blunt <mail(a)nospam.com> wrote:

>I have always owned Nokia phones myself, but this function has never
>been present on any of my phones, so its only a few models that have
>it.

Like you, I've tried a few Nokia, but also have Motorola, Alcatel and
a few other makes. All are in the sub-50 quid range bought as PAYG,
but have to say none of them (to my knowledge) has any block option.

I wonder how common this is, or whether it has been added mainly to a
series of "up market" phones so the celebs and wannabes of the music,
modelling, and sports worlds can block 'stalkers' etc. Peter.
From: Chris Blunt on
On Fri, 30 Jul 2010 11:42:52 +0100, Peter
<drop.all.mailANTISPAMMERS(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>On 28 Jul 2010, Chris Blunt <mail(a)nospam.com> wrote:
>
>>I have always owned Nokia phones myself, but this function has never
>>been present on any of my phones, so its only a few models that have
>>it.
>
>Like you, I've tried a few Nokia, but also have Motorola, Alcatel and
>a few other makes. All are in the sub-50 quid range bought as PAYG,
>but have to say none of them (to my knowledge) has any block option.
>
>I wonder how common this is, or whether it has been added mainly to a
>series of "up market" phones so the celebs and wannabes of the music,
>modelling, and sports worlds can block 'stalkers' etc. Peter.

I believe it was a fairly basic Nokia I saw it on, and I don't think
it was a recent model.

Chris