From: Ray Dawson on

I'm new to this forum and would be grateful if anyone can explain this weird
situation.

I have one contact who can't receive texts from my usual mobile phone and
SIM card on T-Mobile. They can receive texts from me if I use a different
SIM - which just happens to be Virgin, the same as them. I can receive texts
from them on either SIM. I get an acknowledgement from the network that the
text has arrived, even though it doesn't appear on their phone.

It's not my phone as I have two phones and the T-Mobile SIM won't contact
them in either. The Virgin one works in both.

I can text to any other Virgin number using my T-Mobile SIM.

T-Mobile have checked my text and network settings and they are OK. I have
no problems texting anyone else. My contact has checked with Virgin and they
can find no reason for my texts not getting through.

Big puzzle for which I would value an answer. I text this contact a lot and
at the moment have to have a SIM and phone dedicated to them, which is
inconvenient and costly.

Cheers,

Ray D
From: Paul Harris on
In message <gemini.l65wwe0070yct02iw.ray(a)raydawson.com>, Ray Dawson
<ray(a)raydawson.com> writes

>I'm new to this forum and would be grateful if anyone can explain this weird
>situation.
>
>I have one contact who can't receive texts from my usual mobile phone and
>SIM card on T-Mobile. They can receive texts from me if I use a different
>SIM - which just happens to be Virgin, the same as them. I can receive texts
>from them on either SIM. I get an acknowledgement from the network that the
>text has arrived, even though it doesn't appear on their phone.
>
>It's not my phone as I have two phones and the T-Mobile SIM won't contact
>them in either. The Virgin one works in both.
>
>I can text to any other Virgin number using my T-Mobile SIM.
>
>T-Mobile have checked my text and network settings and they are OK. I have
>no problems texting anyone else. My contact has checked with Virgin and they
>can find no reason for my texts not getting through.
>
>Big puzzle for which I would value an answer. I text this contact a lot and
>at the moment have to have a SIM and phone dedicated to them, which is
>inconvenient and costly.

I would suggest that the problem is their end and somehow they have your
number barred.
--
Paul Harris
From: Ray Dawson on
Paul Harris <nospam(a)127.0.0.1> wrote:

> > Big puzzle for which I would value an answer. I text this contact a lot
> > and at the moment have to have a SIM and phone dedicated to them, which
> > is inconvenient and costly.
> >
> I would suggest that the problem is their end and somehow they have your
> number barred.

But calls are accepted from my phone - it's only texts that don't get
through.

Is there any setting on a mobile which would reject texts from one number
only but receive calls from the same number? It's not a fancy phone, just a
cheapish LG I believe.

Cheers,

Ray D
From: Steve Terry on
"Ray Dawson" <ray(a)raydawson.com> wrote in message

> I'm new to this forum and would be grateful if anyone can explain this
> weird
> situation.
>
> I have one contact who can't receive texts from my usual mobile phone and
> SIM card on T-Mobile. They can receive texts from me if I use a different
> SIM - which just happens to be Virgin, the same as them. I can receive
> texts
> from them on either SIM. I get an acknowledgement from the network that
> the
> text has arrived, even though it doesn't appear on their phone.
>
> It's not my phone as I have two phones and the T-Mobile SIM won't contact
> them in either. The Virgin one works in both.

Virgin use their own SMS server

On which network is the phone you are trying to text, and is it a new phone?

It can take time for a network to add new number sequences from another
network to their server databases.
Especially as they often don't tell each other about introducing new numbers
So they find out when they get complaints

Steve Terry
--
Welcome Sign-up Bonus of �1 when you signup free at:
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/G4WWK

From: Paul Harris on
In message <gemini.l669o700gvq5x02iw.ray(a)magray.freeserve.co.uk>, Ray
Dawson <ray(a)magray.freeserve.co.uk> writes

>But calls are accepted from my phone - it's only texts that don't get
>through.

I can't give you a detailed answer but I have heard of that happening
before and the problem in that case was a setting on the recipients
phone. They eventually sorted it out with the assistance of the service
providers help desk but I couldn't confirm what phone it was or what had
been set.

--
Paul Harris