From: Mr.Jan on
On Jul 12, 9:35 pm, Arnie Goetchius <arnie.goetch...(a)domain.invalid>
wrote:
> nob...(a)nowhere.com wrote:
> > On 11 Jul 2010 20:23:09 GMT, Porter Smith<my_port_2...(a)yahoo.com>
> > wrote:
>
> >> nob...(a)nowhere.com wrote in news:9u7k36hfrq40gsohmlmh4bh70qduni0ei7@
> >> 4ax.com:

> >> Do you have the right financial institution? zWachovia is the special name
> >> they cooked up for old First Union accounts. Have you tried just "Wachovia
> >> Bank"? (I use zWachovia for the accounts that were transferred from FU and
> >> Wachovia Bank for those I opened since the merger. And pretty soon they
> >> will al be Wells Fargo.
>
> > I have been using zWachovia for years with MS Money.  Quicken finds my
> > accounts at zWachovia. Quicken will dowload my account transactions
> > from zWachovia. Quicken will transfer money between accounts at
> > zWachovia. But Quicken will not set up online bill pay at zWachovia.
>
> > I'm running Money in parallel until I get Quicken sorted out and it
> > still works fine.
>
> I think if you can download your account transactions, zWachovia bill
> pay is already setup. In Q2010 with zWachovia, you can use Tools, Online
> Payee list, New. This gets you to "Set up Online Payee". Enter the
> appropriate information for the new payee. Now in the Online Payee
> screen, select the new payee and click on "Use". Fill in the information
> and click on "update/send". The next time you go online to download your
> transactions, the check you just "wrote" will be uploaded.

I can download but it gives an error every time when it tries to check
for payments. If I actually set up a payment, it just sits in Q
desktop and the pending transaction flag is on.
From: Arnie Goetchius on
Mr.Jan wrote:
> On Jul 12, 9:35 pm, Arnie Goetchius<arnie.goetch...(a)domain.invalid>
> wrote:
>> nob...(a)nowhere.com wrote:

>>> I have been using zWachovia for years with MS Money. Quicken finds my
>>> accounts at zWachovia. Quicken will dowload my account transactions
>>> from zWachovia. Quicken will transfer money between accounts at
>>> zWachovia. But Quicken will not set up online bill pay at zWachovia.
>>
>>> I'm running Money in parallel until I get Quicken sorted out and it
>>> still works fine.
>>
>> I think if you can download your account transactions, zWachovia bill
>> pay is already setup. In Q2010 with zWachovia, you can use Tools, Online
>> Payee list, New. This gets you to "Set up Online Payee". Enter the
>> appropriate information for the new payee. Now in the Online Payee
>> screen, select the new payee and click on "Use". Fill in the information
>> and click on "update/send". The next time you go online to download your
>> transactions, the check you just "wrote" will be uploaded.
>
> I can download but it gives an error every time when it tries to check
> for payments. If I actually set up a payment, it just sits in Q
> desktop and the pending transaction flag is on.

Bummer. Don't know what to tell you. I've been using it for many years
and never had the problem you describe. Sorry I can't help.
From: nobody on
On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 21:35:31 -0400, Arnie Goetchius
<arnie.goetchius(a)domain.invalid> wrote:

>nobody(a)nowhere.com wrote:
>> On 11 Jul 2010 20:23:09 GMT, Porter Smith<my_port_2000(a)yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> nobody(a)nowhere.com wrote in news:9u7k36hfrq40gsohmlmh4bh70qduni0ei7@
>>> 4ax.com:

>>> Do you have the right financial institution? zWachovia is the special name
>>> they cooked up for old First Union accounts. Have you tried just "Wachovia
>>> Bank"? (I use zWachovia for the accounts that were transferred from FU and
>>> Wachovia Bank for those I opened since the merger. And pretty soon they
>>> will al be Wells Fargo.
>>
>> I have been using zWachovia for years with MS Money. Quicken finds my
>> accounts at zWachovia. Quicken will dowload my account transactions
>> from zWachovia. Quicken will transfer money between accounts at
>> zWachovia. But Quicken will not set up online bill pay at zWachovia.
>>
>> I'm running Money in parallel until I get Quicken sorted out and it
>> still works fine.
>
>I think if you can download your account transactions, zWachovia bill
>pay is already setup. In Q2010 with zWachovia, you can use Tools, Online
>Payee list, New. This gets you to "Set up Online Payee". Enter the
>appropriate information for the new payee. Now in the Online Payee
>screen, select the new payee and click on "Use". Fill in the information
>and click on "update/send". The next time you go online to download your
>transactions, the check you just "wrote" will be uploaded.

Online Payee List is grayed out so not selectable. In the account
info, it tell me Online Bill Pay Not Enabled.
From: Mr.Jan on
On Jul 13, 7:21 am, Arnie Goetchius <arnie.goetch...(a)invalid.domain>
wrote:
> Mr.Jan wrote:
> > On Jul 12, 9:35 pm, Arnie Goetchius<arnie.goetch...(a)domain.invalid>
> > wrote:

> >> I think if you can download your account transactions, zWachovia bill
> >> pay is already setup. In Q2010 with zWachovia, you can use Tools, Online
> >> Payee list, New. This gets you to "Set up Online Payee". Enter the
> >> appropriate information for the new payee. Now in the Online Payee
> >> screen, select the new payee and click on "Use". Fill in the information
> >> and click on "update/send". The next time you go online to download your
> >> transactions, the check you just "wrote" will be uploaded.
>
> > I can download but it gives an error every time when it tries to check
> > for payments. If I actually set up a payment, it just sits in Q
> > desktop and the pending transaction flag is on.
>
> Bummer. Don't know what to tell you. I've been using it for many years
> and never had the problem you describe. Sorry I can't help.

I think I hosed it when I tried to shift to wachovia from zwachovia
and them back. I use it so seldom, I don't really care.
From: Mr.Jan on
On Jul 13, 2:40 pm, nob...(a)nowhere.com wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jul 2010 21:35:31 -0400, Arnie Goetchius
>

> <arnie.goetch...(a)domain.invalid> wrote:
> >nob...(a)nowhere.com wrote:

> >> I have been using zWachovia for years with MS Money.  Quicken finds my
> >> accounts at zWachovia. Quicken will dowload my account transactions
> >> from zWachovia. Quicken will transfer money between accounts at
> >> zWachovia. But Quicken will not set up online bill pay at zWachovia.
>
> >> I'm running Money in parallel until I get Quicken sorted out and it
> >> still works fine.
>
> >I think if you can download your account transactions, zWachovia bill
> >pay is already setup. In Q2010 with zWachovia, you can use Tools, Online
> >Payee list, New. This gets you to "Set up Online Payee". Enter the
> >appropriate information for the new payee. Now in the Online Payee
> >screen, select the new payee and click on "Use". Fill in the information
> >and click on "update/send". The next time you go online to download your
> >transactions, the check you just "wrote" will be uploaded.
>
> Online Payee List is grayed out so not selectable. In the account
> info, it tell me Online Bill Pay Not Enabled.

Wachovia has a pretty good Quicken dedicated helpdesk. They will
probably pass you to Intuit but that makes the call free. Try them