From: B__P on
I've a 22" Westinghouse LCD Monitor that stopped working from one day
to the next. The light the normally comes on when the monitor is on
doesn't even light up. Could it be that a fuse has blown on the
inside? Maybe one I could replace? Or perhaps the on/off switch
has gone bad. If anyone can provide a credible reason it stopped
working and a possible fix, I'd be most grateful.

BP
From: Grinder on
On 8/5/2010 2:23 PM, B__P(a)hotmail.com wrote:
> I've a 22" Westinghouse LCD Monitor that stopped working from one day
> to the next. The light the normally comes on when the monitor is on
> doesn't even light up. Could it be that a fuse has blown on the
> inside? Maybe one I could replace? Or perhaps the on/off switch
> has gone bad. If anyone can provide a credible reason it stopped
> working and a possible fix, I'd be most grateful.

Neither one of those scenarios seems likely.

Are you certain it's the monitor that has gone bad? In the several
dozen situations where I've helped someone with a monitor that keeps
shutting off, the vast majority have been because the attached computer
is not providing a signal.

Is there any way you can swap monitors with a different PC long enough
to see which part is the culprit?
From: GMAN on
In article <1c1m56lnfmesh5siabsr62lpi3iq8uvtn9(a)4ax.com>, B__P(a)hotmail.com wrote:
>I've a 22" Westinghouse LCD Monitor that stopped working from one day
>to the next. The light the normally comes on when the monitor is on
>doesn't even light up. Could it be that a fuse has blown on the
>inside? Maybe one I could replace? Or perhaps the on/off switch
>has gone bad. If anyone can provide a credible reason it stopped
>working and a possible fix, I'd be most grateful.
>
>BP
Could be a fuse, but could also be a ton of blown or bulged capacitors inside.
If you dare and are good with a soldering iron and a desoldering tool, go
ahead and open it up and look. I repaired a Acer 24" monitor that was 2 weeks
out of warranty. I had to replace 18 capacitors of differing ratings, but it
works like day one now.

From: Mike Easter on
B__P(a)hotmail.com wrote:
> I've a 22" Westinghouse LCD Monitor that stopped working from one day
> to the next. The light the normally comes on when the monitor is on
> doesn't even light up. Could it be that a fuse has blown on the
> inside? Maybe one I could replace? Or perhaps the on/off switch
> has gone bad. If anyone can provide a credible reason it stopped
> working and a possible fix, I'd be most grateful.

The Westinghouse LCM-22W2 manual doesn't provide any user service advice
in its troubleshooting for no power except to be sure that the monitor
AC cord is plugged in to the back and the wall and that the wall plug
has power.

Even with no vid signal, the power light is supposed to be orange, green
when operational

I don't think you can pay to troubleshoot it and replace something for
the price of replacement.

--
Mike Easter
From: GMAN on
In article <8c0tv3Fq56U1(a)mid.individual.net>, Mike Easter <MikeE(a)ster.invalid> wrote:
>B__P(a)hotmail.com wrote:
>> I've a 22" Westinghouse LCD Monitor that stopped working from one day
>> to the next. The light the normally comes on when the monitor is on
>> doesn't even light up. Could it be that a fuse has blown on the
>> inside? Maybe one I could replace? Or perhaps the on/off switch
>> has gone bad. If anyone can provide a credible reason it stopped
>> working and a possible fix, I'd be most grateful.
>
>The Westinghouse LCM-22W2 manual doesn't provide any user service advice
>in its troubleshooting for no power except to be sure that the monitor
>AC cord is plugged in to the back and the wall and that the wall plug
>has power.
>
>Even with no vid signal, the power light is supposed to be orange, green
>when operational
>
>I don't think you can pay to troubleshoot it and replace something for
>the price of replacement.

Definately would cost more to pay someone else to fix than to just buy a new
24"-26" for around $200 or so. But like i said, if you know how to solder ,
a blown fuse , if its that, would cost all of a few dollars if that, and even
if every capacitor in the unit is needing replacement, it most likely wont
cost you more than $10-$15 for those parts.