From: chris.holliday on
After I add a feed URL, the webpart gives me the following error
message:

"An unexpected error occured processing your request. Check the logs
for details and correct the problem"

The logs show:

RssWebPart: Exception handed to HandleRuntimeException.HandleException
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name:
key at
Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.CacheObject.LoadDataFromCache(String
key) at
Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.BaseXmlDataSource.GetXmlDocument()
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.DataFormWebPart.GetHierarchicalDocument(IHierarchicalDataSource
ds) at
Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.DataFormWebPart.GetHierarchicalXPathNavigator(IHierarchicalDataSource
ds) at
Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.SingleDataSource.GetXPathNavigatorInternal()
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.SingleDataSource.GetXPathNavigator()
at
Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.SingleDataSource.GetXPathNavigator(IDataSource
datasource) at
Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.DataFormWebPart.GetXPathNavigator(String
viewPath) at
Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.DataFormWebPart.PrepareAndPerformTransform()

From: Ute on
Hi,
I am having exactly the same problem and no idea where to go from there. I
would be thrilled if anybody could give us a hint.

I am currently setting up an intranet with MOSS 20007. My RSS feeds worked
until the Technical Refresh. Now I am getting the same error message as you
do and have no idea how to fix it.

Best wishes,
Ute

From: JasonDuffy on
Hi guys,
I'm experiencing the same having just updated to TechRefresh. I wonder if
the account that's runing the service may require proxy/ISA access to pull
from Internet RSS feeds?

From: Ute on
Hi,

it works again - for external RSS-feeds. If you use RSS-feeds from a
sharepoint site now it does not work anymore. But for this you can use the
content query webpart. It was a lot of trying out, but it works.

Best,
Ute

From: SPSCanadian on
Hi,

How did you get it working again for external RSS-feeds?

Thanks!
Troy