From: Stefan Kiryazov on
Hi all,

I am doing a research about motivation in software development, the
most efficient practices to motivate software engineers, their
popularity, etc.

As a part of the research, I am doing an online survey for software
engineers and managers in software development. It takes just several
minutes and filling it is a good opportunity to share your opinion
about the motivation practices being used in the software industry
today:
http://ask.wizefish.com/en/MotivationSurvey.aspx

Anyone who does the survey and leaves any contacts will be sent the
results.

Also, if someone is running a web site or blog dedicated to any aspect
of software development we can do some link exchange.

Regards,
Stefan Kiryazov
From: Richard Cornford on
On Feb 5, 11:19 am, Stefan Kiryazov wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am doing a research about motivation in software development,
> the most efficient practices to motivate software engineers,
> their popularity, etc.

Strange question; the most efficient motivator of professionals is
money, and money is very popular.

> As a part of the research, I am doing an online survey for
> software engineers and managers in software development.
<snip>

This would be more convincing as an academic exercise, as opposed to,
say, spam intended to encourage visitors to some web page with the
intention of gaining advertising revenue, if there were not so many
advertisements on the page.

In any event, your survey needs the addition of a large number of
"This question makes no sense" option checkboxes, as it is
unanswerable as it is.

Richard.
From: Jeff Gaines on
On 05/02/2010 in message
<dabc5b6d-f342-466a-a4b6-8e7034956bd4(a)a32g2000yqm.googlegroups.com> Stefan
Kiryazov wrote:

>I am doing a research about motivation in software development, the
>most efficient practices to motivate software engineers, their
>popularity, etc.

M O N E Y

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day.
From: Erwin Moller on
Stefan Kiryazov schreef:
> Hi all,
>
> I am doing a research about motivation in software development, the
> most efficient practices to motivate software engineers, their
> popularity, etc.
>
> As a part of the research, I am doing an online survey for software
> engineers and managers in software development. It takes just several
> minutes and filling it is a good opportunity to share your opinion
> about the motivation practices being used in the software industry
> today:
> http://ask.wizefish.com/en/MotivationSurvey.aspx
>
> Anyone who does the survey and leaves any contacts will be sent the
> results.
>
> Also, if someone is running a web site or blog dedicated to any aspect
> of software development we can do some link exchange.
>
> Regards,
> Stefan Kiryazov

I am in this business so I can fill in online questionaires.

Erwin Moller

-- C.A.R. Hoare
From: Swifty on
On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 04:23:41 -0800 (PST), Richard Cornford
<Richard(a)litotes.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Strange question; the most efficient motivator of professionals is
>money, and money is very popular.

Then how do you explain the people who work on free/open source
software?