From: AdeW on
On 25 July, 23:57, Dan W <notha...(a)sorry.cuz> wrote:
> On 7/25/2010 4:46 PM, AdeW wrote:
> > System properties has an ! exclamation by the mouse only.
>
> It sounds like you need to update your mouse driver(s).  They have
> become corrupted.

That was code 24 for the mouse, and code 28 for usb vga dual camera.
But restart soft reboot and then no ! exclamation mark for the camera
just the mouse.

That was a few hours ago.

I thought i would restart my computer (hard cold? reboot) thinking
perhaps the week long break had affected my computer and now the mouse
is working fine!

A hard cold reboot is the same as pressing reset isn't it?

Give it a few hours and we'll see.

I've even looked at the device manager and it says the mouse 'device
is working properly' so that means the drivers are fine right?
From: Dan W on
On 7/25/2010 7:08 PM, AdeW wrote:
> On 25 July, 23:57, Dan W<notha...(a)sorry.cuz> wrote:
>> On 7/25/2010 4:46 PM, AdeW wrote:
>>> System properties has an ! exclamation by the mouse only.
>>
>> It sounds like you need to update your mouse driver(s). They have
>> become corrupted.
>
> That was code 24 for the mouse, and code 28 for usb vga dual camera.
> But restart soft reboot and then no ! exclamation mark for the camera
> just the mouse.
>
> That was a few hours ago.
>
> I thought i would restart my computer (hard cold? reboot) thinking
> perhaps the week long break had affected my computer and now the mouse
> is working fine!
>
> A hard cold reboot is the same as pressing reset isn't it?
>
> Give it a few hours and we'll see.
>
> I've even looked at the device manager and it says the mouse 'device
> is working properly' so that means the drivers are fine right?

Well, here is what I found from Google by searching about your topic.

http://www.nodevice.com/driver/company/Genius/Mouse/page2.html

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/206034

If I were you, I would install the mouse driver(s) to make sure
everything is working properly otherwise the problem may come back after
a while.

(Note: Please use common sense when opening web links)
From: AdeW on
> > > System properties has an ! exclamation by the mouse only.
>
> > It sounds like you need to update your mouse driver(s).  They have
> > become corrupted.
>
> That was code 24 for the mouse, and code 28 for usb vga dual camera.
> But restart soft reboot and then no ! exclamation mark for the camera
> just the mouse.

> I've even looked at the device manager and it says the mouse 'device
> is working properly' so that means the drivers are fine right?

This is the message i got yesterday in device manager as on this MS
webpage....

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/125174

If this is a Plug and Play device, the following text is displayed:
This device is either not present, not working properly, or does not
have all the drivers installed. (Code 24)

Try upgrading the device drivers for this device.

Solution button: Update Drivers

This code means that the device was not found (for example, it is
missing or is not working properly).

To resolve this error code, follow the recommended solutions. If the
device still does not work, make sure the device is connected to your
computer correctly. For example, make sure all cables are correctly
installed, or that the adapter cards are properly seated in their
slots.
From: Dan W on
On 7/26/2010 4:25 PM, AdeW wrote:

>>> It sounds like you need to update your mouse driver(s). They have
>>> become corrupted.
>>
>> That was code 24 for the mouse, and code 28 for usb vga dual camera.
>> But restart soft reboot and then no ! exclamation mark for the camera
>> just the mouse.
>
>> I've even looked at the device manager and it says the mouse 'device
>> is working properly' so that means the drivers are fine right?
>
> This is the message i got yesterday in device manager as on this MS
> webpage....
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/125174
>
> If this is a Plug and Play device, the following text is displayed:
> This device is either not present, not working properly, or does not
> have all the drivers installed. (Code 24)
>
> Try upgrading the device drivers for this device.
>
> Solution button: Update Drivers
>
> This code means that the device was not found (for example, it is
> missing or is not working properly).
>
> To resolve this error code, follow the recommended solutions. If the
> device still does not work, make sure the device is connected to your
> computer correctly. For example, make sure all cables are correctly
> installed, or that the adapter cards are properly seated in their
> slots.

Did you download and install new mouse driver(s) for your device.
From: J. P. Gilliver (John) on
In message <i2o52i$go1$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, Dan W
<nothanks(a)sorry.cuz> writes:
[]
>Did you download and install new mouse driver(s) for your device.

Unless it has some unusual feature, or you want an unusual software
function/feature, I thought basic PS/2 mouse working was inherent in
Windows, from at least 95 (if not 3.x) on?

Has the OP tried another PS/2 mouse? The descriptions sounded to me very
much like a failing hardware problem (hope in the mouse not the socket).
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/<1985 MB++G.5AL-IS-P--Ch++(p)Ar(a)T0H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

And why should it be difficult for a man to kiss another man? It's difficult to
ride bareback while unicycling, but to kiss someone isn't difficult. - Stephen
Fry, Radio Times, 12-18 January 2008