From: Capt_Ron on
I spent the entire weekend moving mailboxes off of 1 server to another. 2000
to 2003.

I have about 75 that "Failed".
Some of them are showing up with the red "X" on the Old server. When I go
into Exchange AD U&C and search for the user, it shows that their mailbox is
located on the new server. When I try and purge the mailbox on the Old
server I get an error stating that the mailbox has been reconnected to a user.
How can I get rid of the mailbox on the Old Server?

Thanks
Ron
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
Capt_Ron <monbleau(notthis)@palmbeach.k12.fl.us.NotThisEither> wrote:

>I spent the entire weekend moving mailboxes off of 1 server to another. 2000
>to 2003.
>
>I have about 75 that "Failed".
>Some of them are showing up with the red "X" on the Old server. When I go
>into Exchange AD U&C and search for the user, it shows that their mailbox is
>located on the new server. When I try and purge the mailbox on the Old
>server I get an error stating that the mailbox has been reconnected to a user.
>How can I get rid of the mailbox on the Old Server?

What was the reason for the failures?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: Capt_Ron on
Actually most of them were successful. The ones I checked that have red X
say they were successfully moved.

Most of my errors were MAPI errors or Could Not Open Info Store.

Ron.

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
Capt_Ron <monbleau(notthis)@palmbeach.k12.fl.us.NotThisEither> wrote:

>Actually most of them were successful. The ones I checked that have red X
>say they were successfully moved.
>
>Most of my errors were MAPI errors or Could Not Open Info Store.

Those errors had numeric codes in a format like this:
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxx. If you want help you'll have to be specific.
The errors could be that the mailbox violated a condition (mailbox
size limit exceeded) or the user was disabled, or the user lacked a
property or permission.

From: Capt_Ron on
Rich,

I guess I have 2 problems.

1) Some mailboxes were moved successfully but they show up in 2 different
stores. 1 in store1 as normal and the other in store2 with a red "X". In AD
U&C the mailbox is listed at store1. I can not purge the mailbox on store2
because it says it is connected to a mailbox.

2) During the moves I had the following errors:
errorCode="0xc1054005" - The MAPI call failed. MAPI or an unspecified
service provider. ID no: 80004005-0000-00000000
errorCode="0xc1050000" - The information store could not be opened. The
MAPI provider failed. MAPI 1.0 ID no: 8004011d-0289-00000000
errorCode="0xc1034964" - This mailbox exceeded the maximum number of
corrupted items specified for this move mailbox operation.

There may be others but these are the most common.

THanks
Ron