From: Chris Diesel on
I've used OE for many years. But have finally decided to upgrade to Outlook
2007. So I have a few questions is anybody would be kind enough to assist.

1/ Should I allow Outlook to transfer/convert all my OE email or is it best
to export them manually?

2/ Is it difficult to transfer these stored OE dbx files into Outlook 2007?

3/ I also have a lot of saved mail that I have archived away due to OE not
liking to hold more that 2GB's of data at one time before it starts falling
apart with corruption issues. Are there any similar data storage limitations
for Outlook 2007?

4/ I learned a lot about OE from a web site called "Inside Outlook Express".
Are there many similar web sites to assist users of Outlook, giving tips on
how to keep it healthy, ect?

Regards....Chris
Sydney Aust.

From: DL on
1) Best to export msgs manually, OE to OL otherwise dates are changed to
import date
2) No
3) No, 20gb practical limit, but theoretically unlimited, Archive is still
available in OL, any Archives can still be acessed within OL (assuming NTFS
file system)
4) www.slipstick.com
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm
http://www.outlook-tips.net/index.html

From: Chris Diesel on
Great DL, this is just what I was after.

Just one other question please. I've been having some corruption issues with
my OE after a couple of folders disappeared. Fortunately, I have them backed
up so I've only loose some more resent emails. But the corruption is still
apparent with a hand full of email not be able to be opened. Do you think
this will cause any issues when I export over to OL? I would imagine that if
there are any corrupted email that I should try and delete them prior to
doing anything or will they simply be deleted anyway during the export
process as they wont be recognised?

Regards....Chris

From: DL on
If you have a corrupt mail in OE I would delete those.

From: Chris Diesel on
Thanks DL, will do.