From: shellyf on
Outlook 2003 problem: New messages are downloaded ok, but are
redownloaded to the same computer on subsequent days, up to the amount
of days that I have set to keep e-mails on the server (currently 3
days).
The above is not the default, per the statements copied from various
places on the internet described below.

Any idea of what is wrong? tia

The server tells Outlook how many messages there are to
download. Outlook doesn't keep track.

When you enable the leave a copy of messages on the server option and
messages are downloaded, the unique ID numbers of each of those
messages is added to a list of messages previously downloaded so that
Outlook does not re-download the messages during future
synchronizations.

MY deleted items folder in Outlook 2003 has not been deleted.
From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
When outlook keeps downloading mail, it usually means its not completing the
mail pass - this could be caused by antivirus software scanning email. If it
works ok during the time outlook is open but 'forgets' when its closed,
something is messing with the pst as Outlook stores the message info in the
pst.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

From: shellyfdelete on
On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 22:21:39 -0500, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]"
<outlookmvp(a)msn.com> wrote:

>When outlook keeps downloading mail, it usually means its not completing the
>mail pass - this could be caused by antivirus software scanning email. If it
>works ok during the time outlook is open but 'forgets' when its closed,
>something is messing with the pst as Outlook stores the message info in the
>pst.
antivirus e-mail scanning is off. I am using Avira, same thing
happened when I used AVG with scanning off.
Care to venture an educated guess as to what could be messing with the
pst file? Should I back up the old and create a new pst?
Outlook 2003 with Win7 (same thing happened with OUtlook 2003 with
XP).
tia
From: DL on
When you say email scanning is off, do you mean your AV was installed
without the mail integration or you merely turned it off - they are not
quite the same thing
Have you run scanpst.exe the repair tool on your pst's?

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
Try safe mode - does it work as expected?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

<shellyfdelete(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 22:21:39 -0500, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]"
> <outlookmvp(a)msn.com> wrote:
>
>>When outlook keeps downloading mail, it usually means its not completing
>>the
>>mail pass - this could be caused by antivirus software scanning email. If
>>it
>>works ok during the time outlook is open but 'forgets' when its closed,
>>something is messing with the pst as Outlook stores the message info in
>>the
>>pst.
> antivirus e-mail scanning is off. I am using Avira, same thing
> happened when I used AVG with scanning off.
> Care to venture an educated guess as to what could be messing with the
> pst file? Should I back up the old and create a new pst?
> Outlook 2003 with Win7 (same thing happened with OUtlook 2003 with
> XP).
> tia

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3