From: sredl123 on
how do I delete a message that is locked up in sending and wont ever send?

From: VanguardLH on
sredl123 wrote:

> how do I delete a message that is locked up in sending and wont ever send?

So, how *big* is this e-mail that is stuck in the Outbox folder?

Delete an item stuck in the Outbox folder:
- Load Outlook.
- Put Outlook in offline mode (File -> Work Offline: enable).
- Exit Outlook.
- Load Outlook in its safe mode ("outlook.exe /safe").
- Delete the stuck item in the Outbox folder. If you don't want the
item to move into the Deleted Items folder, use Shift+Del to
permanently delete the item.
- Put Outlook in online mode (File -> Work Offline: disable).
- Restart Outlook in its normal mode.
From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
Set outlook offline and wait 5 minutes. If it won't delete, see
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/stuck_message.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email: