From: shellyfdelete on
On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 20:35:46 -0000, "DL" <notvalid(a)spoofaddress.co.uk>
wrote:

>When you say email scanning is off, do you mean your AV was installed
>without the mail integration or you merely turned it off - they are not
>quite the same thing
>Have you run scanpst.exe the repair tool on your pst's?
>
><shellyfdelete(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 22:21:39 -0500, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]"
>> <outlookmvp(a)msn.com> wrote:
>>
>>>When outlook keeps downloading mail, it usually means its not completing
>>>the
>>>mail pass - this could be caused by antivirus software scanning email. If
>>>it
>>>works ok during the time outlook is open but 'forgets' when its closed,
>>>something is messing with the pst as Outlook stores the message info in
>>>the
>>>pst.
>> antivirus e-mail scanning is off. I am using Avira, same thing
>> happened when I used AVG with scanning off.
>> Care to venture an educated guess as to what could be messing with the
>> pst file? Should I back up the old and create a new pst?
>> Outlook 2003 with Win7 (same thing happened with OUtlook 2003 with
>> XP).
>> tia
e-mail scanning was turned off in AVG, then I deleted and installed
Avira which I do not believe has e-mail scanning.
I will try scanpst.exe and report back.
Thanks
From: shellyfdelete on
On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 18:51:06 -0500, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]"
<outlookmvp(a)msn.com> wrote:

>Try safe mode - does it work as expected?
I will try safe mode tomorrow just before I first open Outlook 2003.
I have Spysweeper running, also - which is another possibility, I
guess. Other than that the new Win 7 startup is pretty clean (so far).
Thanks
From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
Does spysweeper scan emails?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

From: shellyfdelete on
On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 21:20:38 -0500, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]"
<outlookmvp(a)msn.com> wrote:

>Does spysweeper scan emails?
Yes, the literature says 'e-mail attachments' however there is a tick
to turn this particular function off.
I have always had it turned off. tia
From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
if it works correctly in safe mode, then it could be spysweeper causing it.

Anything that sits between outlook and the mail server can cause outlook to
have issues connecting to the mail server correctly.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

> On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 21:20:38 -0500, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]"
> <outlookmvp(a)msn.com> wrote:
>
>>Does spysweeper scan emails?
> Yes, the literature says 'e-mail attachments' however there is a tick
> to turn this particular function off.
> I have always had it turned off. tia

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3