From: R. C. White on
Hi, Carlos.

Sure. See the Reply I just posted to Jeff Gaines in this same thread. If you have any questions, post them and I’ll try to guide you through the process.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Carlos" wrote in message news:0CD26FA8-3900-46F8-A143-C0E0E1D8257E(a)microsoft.com...

R.C.,
Please walk me through the process of subscribing to this NG via Usenet.
I regret to confess that I am quite ignorant in non-web forums.
:(
Carlos

From: Jeff Gaines on
On 30/06/2010 in message <eH2ZSc$FLHA.5500(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl> R. C.
White wrote:

>Sure. I've been using WLMail and its predecessors for about 15 years,
>posting in plain text all the while. It does offer a toggle to switch
>back and forth between HTML (often called RTF) and plain text.

Someone has been playing with your toggle then, as you are currently
posting in HTML :-)

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
Indecision is the key to flexibility
From: R. C. White on
Hi, Jeff.

Thanks for pointing that out!

This subject confuses me. Just now, I've tried to change several font
settings in WLM, but none of them seem to be effective. I'm STILL seeing
both your message and my composition in a tiny font - maybe Arial 8 pt. But
the Tools | Options | Compose tab said 12 pt Arial. So I changed the
setting. But there was no change! I tried 20 pt Bookman - and there still
was no change! I changed the font in Tools | Options | Read - and your text
did not change. After a few more ineffective tests, I gave up and went back
to the default settings that I've used for years: Read and Compose with 12
pt Courier and Arial. I still see both your text and mine in a too-small
sans-serif font.

About HTML: Here in Wave 4, the Compose window has a button on the Message
ribbon labeled "Rich text (HTML)". The button is a toggle, but it doesn't
say if it toggles TO or FROM HTML. When I hover over the button, the pop-up
box says, "Format message as HTML or plain text". Again, it doesn't tell me
either the current setting or what happens if I click it. All I know is
that it toggles from the current setting to the other. I've added this
button to the QAT and now one click toggles the setting - but it still
doesn't tell me what I'm ending up with. One clue is that when I click it,
the font changes. And the pop-up label on the icon changes. I've clicked
it once and now I see our texts in a larger font (but there's no clue as to
the name of the font or its size unless I go back to Tools | Options, and I
can't be sure that that screen means anything), and the pop-up says “Plain
text”. Now I click it again, a pop-up window warns me that I will lose my
formatting, and I click OK. Now I'm back to the tiny font. I'm sure there
are other changes, but I don't see what they are except that line spacing is
different. If I were using some fancy formatting, I would see some obvious
changes, I suppose. But since I almost always work in plain text, my
composition looks just about the same either way. Users like me need a
button on the Ribbon that tells us the current font and size settings.

So, I guess I've been toggling FROM Plain Text to HTML ever since Wave 4
arrived. :>(

This one is in PLAIN TEXT - I hope!

RC

From: Jeff Gaines on
On 30/06/2010 in message <#yefQRGGLHA.1716(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl> R. C.
White wrote:

>This one is in PLAIN TEXT - I hope!

It is indeed :-)

--
Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day.
From: R. C. White on
Hi, Jeff.

Thanks for the confirmation. Maybe I can keep it straight from here on.
;<)

RC