From: neil40 on
On 8 Apr, 12:28, "BruceM via AccessMonster.com" <u54429(a)uwe> wrote:
> I don't understand the need to update the table with 20-25 records all at
> once.  What is the objection to entering records one at a time?  It may be
> possible to contrive an unbound form with dozens of text boxes, then loop
> through the text boxes to update the table with multiple records at once, but
> that would be a lot of work to bypass the built-in functionality, even if it
> is possible.
>

> neil40 wrote:

> >[quoted text clipped - 18 lines]
>
> >>              John W. Vinson [MVP]
>
> >Yes, that is what I see, a form with a blank last entry.
> >This isn't what I'm hoping for though (or even know if it's possible),
> >as I can achieve data entry like this with my single entry form.
> >What I would like is a form like my single entry form, with maybe
> >20-25 blank entries to add the entire league before submitting it to
> >the table
> >As I say, I don't know if it's possible to do it.
> >The only advantage with the multi over the single I can see is that I
> >will be able to see where I got to, whereas on the single, if I get
> >distracted, then I have to open the table (or a report) to see what
> >I've done.
>
> >Neil

Thanks Bruce and John

I just thought it would be nice to have a form where I fill in the
League with nothing else on the form. it's not essential

It sounds like a lot of trouble and effort would be needed to create
such a thing, so I will stick with the standard continuous form.
On reflection, it is probably going to be better than my single entry
form, as I will see just where I got to.
Thanks again for your advice

Neil
From: neil40 on
On 8 Apr, 18:04, neil40 <neil.grant...(a)googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 8 Apr, 12:28, "BruceM via AccessMonster.com" <u54429(a)uwe> wrote:
>

> > I don't understand the need to update the table with 20-25 records all at
> > once.  What is the objection to entering records one at a time?  It may be
> > possible to contrive an unbound form with dozens of text boxes, then loop
> > through the text boxes to update the table with multiple records at once, but
> > that would be a lot of work to bypass the built-in functionality, even if it
> > is possible.
>
> > neil40 wrote:

> > >[quoted text clipped - 18 lines]

> > >Yes, that is what I see, a form with a blank last entry.
> > >This isn't what I'm hoping for though (or even know if it's possible),
> > >as I can achieve data entry like this with my single entry form.
> > >What I would like is a form like my single entry form, with maybe
> > >20-25 blank entries to add the entire league before submitting it to
> > >the table
> > >As I say, I don't know if it's possible to do it.
> > >The only advantage with the multi over the single I can see is that I
> > >will be able to see where I got to, whereas on the single, if I get
> > >distracted, then I have to open the table (or a report) to see what
> > >I've done.
>
> > >Neil
>
> > --

> Thanks Bruce and John
>
> I just thought it would be nice to have a form where I fill in the
> League with nothing else on the form. it's not essential
>
> It sounds like a lot of trouble and effort would be needed to create
> such a thing, so I will stick with the standard continuous form.
> On reflection, it is probably going to be better than my single entry
> form, as I will see just where I got to.
> Thanks again for your advice
>
> Neil- Hide quoted text -

I'm having some problems converting my single entry form to
continuous.

I'll attempt to explain.
I have a table called tblteams, that has the list of teams in it,
tblseason has a list of Season (years, EG 1929) and League names (EG
NAtional League 1)
These tables have relationships to tbltest, which is where the data is
recorded as a single line that will record, League postion, poits
scored etc.

In my Form LgeInput, there are 3 Combo boxes
a) Team - pick a team from the list coming from tblteams
b) Season - properties specify which column I pick from to get the
year I wish this has an After Update as follows:
[Event Procedure]
Private Sub Combo2_AfterUpdate()
Combo4.Requery
End Sub

c) Pick the League from the list that populates from b)

However, when I create a continuous form, I get these problems,
despite mimicking as far as possible the above
1) The Season Combo - I can pick the season, but I can't see text (it
seems to be white on white!)
2) The League combo doesn't update. The boxes are different names, so
I adjusted this in the code, to no avail

Would welcome some thoughts!

Taking a different tack, coudl I take my single entry form, and change
it to a continuous form easily?

Thanks
Neil