From: neil40 on
Hi

I have a form that I use to add data to a table of League results.
It does one entry per team in a particular year. Some fields are
linked to other tables for the league name and team name etc.
So, I select a name from a combo box, then the league likewise, then
manually enter games won/lost etc
Then I click submit to add the entry to the table

I would ideally like to enter a whole season on one entry form for an
entire league so that I could enter 20+ entries then submit to the
table

Is it possible?

Thanks
Neil
From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
It is possible if you use unbound forms to enter more than 1 record at a
time and submit them all to the table. It is easier to use bound forms and
edit/add the data as you enter it. You can use a datasheet or continuouse
form if you want to see multiple records at once.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

From: John W. Vinson on
On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 17:23:09 -0700 (PDT), neil40 <neil.grantham(a)googlemail.com>
wrote:

>Hi
>
>I have a form that I use to add data to a table of League results.
>It does one entry per team in a particular year. Some fields are
>linked to other tables for the league name and team name etc.
>So, I select a name from a combo box, then the league likewise, then
>manually enter games won/lost etc
>Then I click submit to add the entry to the table
>
>I would ideally like to enter a whole season on one entry form for an
>entire league so that I could enter 20+ entries then submit to the
>table
>
>Is it possible?
>
>Thanks
>Neil

What's the actual structure of your table? It really should be tables!

If you're storing an entire season of games in *ONE FIELD* in one record -
you're not using Access correctly. There should be (at least) a table of
Leagues related one-to-many to a table of Teams, related many-to-many to a
table of Games, with one record per game. This games table can be displayed on
a continuous form so you can see multiple records on the same screen, but each
game should be a separate record in the database.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: neil40 on
On 3 Apr, 03:32, John W. Vinson <jvinson(a)STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com>
wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 17:23:09 -0700 (PDT), neil40 <neil.grant...(a)googlemail..com>
> wrote:
>

> >Hi
>
> >I have a form that I use to add data to a table of League results.
> >It does one entry per team in a particular year. Some fields are
> >linked to other tables for the league name and team name etc.
> >So, I select a name from a combo box, then the league likewise, then
> >manually enter games won/lost etc
> >Then I click submit to add the entry to the table
>
> >I would ideally like to enter a whole season on one entry form for an
> >entire league so that I could enter 20+ entries then submit to the
> >table
>
> >Is it possible?
>
> >Thanks
> >Neil
>
> What's the actual structure of your table? It really should be tables!
>
> If you're storing an entire season of games in *ONE FIELD* in one record -
> you're not using Access correctly. There should be (at least) a table of
> Leagues related one-to-many to a table of Teams, related many-to-many to a
> table of Games, with one record per game. This games table can be displayed on
> a continuous form so you can see multiple records on the same screen, but each
> game should be a separate record in the database.
> --
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]- Hide quoted text -

Yes, multiple tables - I did mention that in my question!
League names are one table, Team names another table, and results a
3rd table

To explain more, I am not actually recording games, but end of season
tables. It is a historical record of a particular sport, so I want an
easier way of entering an entire league for each season.
IE Team X, won 22, lost 2, drew 1, score for 1200, score against 876,
points 46
So, there are no calculations going on for the League, just pure
recording

Neil
From: John W. Vinson on
On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 02:24:02 -0700 (PDT), neil40 <neil.grantham(a)googlemail.com>
wrote:

>To explain more, I am not actually recording games, but end of season
>tables. It is a historical record of a particular sport, so I want an
>easier way of entering an entire league for each season.
>IE Team X, won 22, lost 2, drew 1, score for 1200, score against 876,
>points 46

A Continuous form with one row per "end of season" record should give you what
you want.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]