From: BURT on
On Aug 6, 9:26 pm, artful <artful...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 7, 2:21 pm, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > You didn't answer the question .. where the clock is located is NOT
> > > how the rate is determined.  So .. how about you answer the question:
> > > How does the observer on the train determine that the station clock is
> > > ticking slower?

> > > *YOU* and *I* are talking about 'twins' on a train and station, and
> > > *mutual* time dilation.
>
> > > That is very different to the 'twin paradox' where one twin moves away
> > > from the other and the changes velocity and returns.  You are nowhere
> > > NEAR ready to talk about that until you understand mutual time
> > > dilation and what it actually means.  Don't run before you can walk..

> > > I'm not arguing against it .. I wan't even talking about it.  And
> > > neither were you.
>
> > > What I AM trying (in vain) to do is to educate you.  Are you willing
> > > to learn, or are you going to remain a troll?
>
> > > Now .. back to mutual time dilation.  Both clocks tick at the correct
> > > rate.  Neither slows down.  Neither speeds up.  A moving observer has
> > > NO EFFECT on the ticking rate of a clock.  In your scenario of a
> > > passenger on a train and a station clock .. How does the passenger
> > > determine that the station clock is ticking slower?- Hide quoted text -

> > Asuming the stations clock is outside he should have no problem seeing
> > it and recording it as he passes.
>
> Seeing and recording a single time as as passes tell you NOTHING about
> the ticking rate.
>
> How does the passenger determine that the station clock is ticking
> slower?  Tell me the process he uses.  NOTE: He is allowed to have
> other friends on the station or the train help him.- Hide quoted text -

By comparison.

Mitch Raemsch
From: artful on
On Aug 7, 2:28 pm, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Aug 6, 9:26 pm, artful <artful...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> > > Asuming the stations clock is outside he should have no problem seeing
> > > it and recording it as he passes.
>
> > Seeing and recording a single time as as passes tell you NOTHING about
> > the ticking rate.
>
> > How does the passenger determine that the station clock is ticking
> > slower?  Tell me the process he uses.  NOTE: He is allowed to have
> > other friends on the station or the train help him.- Hide quoted text -

> By comparison.

Comparison of what with what? Still no answer to the question .. I've
asked four times now. Tell me the process he uses.  NOTE: He is
allowed to have other friends on the station or the train help him.
From: BURT on
On Aug 6, 9:32 pm, artful <artful...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 7, 2:28 pm, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > Seeing and recording a single time as as passes tell you NOTHING about
> > > the ticking rate.
>
> > > How does the passenger determine that the station clock is ticking
> > > slower?  Tell me the process he uses.  NOTE: He is allowed to have
> > > other friends on the station or the train help him.- Hide quoted text -

> > By comparison.
>
> Comparison of what with what?  Still no answer to the question .. I've
> asked four times now.  Tell me the process he uses.  NOTE: He is
> allowed to have other friends on the station or the train help him.- Hide quoted text -

A watch will do.

Mitch Raemsch
From: artful on
On Aug 7, 2:37 pm, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Aug 6, 9:32 pm, artful <artful...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> > > By comparison.
>
> > Comparison of what with what?  Still no answer to the question .. I've
> > asked four times now.  Tell me the process he uses.  NOTE: He is
> > allowed to have other friends on the station or the train help him.- Hide quoted text -

> A watch will do.

Will do what? Still no answer to the question .. I've asked five
times now.  Tell me the process he uses.  NOTE: He is allowed to have
other friends on the station or the train help him.
From: BURT on
On Aug 6, 9:40 pm, artful <artful...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 7, 2:37 pm, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > Comparison of what with what?  Still no answer to the question .. I've
> > > asked four times now.  Tell me the process he uses.  NOTE: He is
> > > allowed to have other friends on the station or the train help him.- Hide quoted text -

> > A watch will do.
>
> Will do what?  Still no answer to the question .. I've asked five
> times now.  Tell me the process he uses.  NOTE: He is allowed to have
> other friends on the station or the train help him.- Hide quoted text -

I will help you here. I watch is a clock one wears on his arm and will
tell time.

Mitch Raemsch