From: BURT on
On Aug 6, 10:04 pm, artful <artful...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 7, 2:53 pm, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > What clocks.  When.  Still no answer to the question .. I've asked
> > > seven times
> > > now.  Tell me the process he uses to determine that the station clock
> > > runs slow.  NOTE: He is allowed to have other friends on the station
> > > or the train help him.- Hide quoted text -

> > There can be one on the train and one hung outside the station which
> > is typical.
>
> If you like .. though that may not be enough clocks .. won't know
> until you say what happens.
> But still you give no answer to the question .. I've asked eight times
> now.
> Tell me the process he uses to determine that the station clock runs
> slow.
> NOTE: He is allowed to have other friends on the station or the train
> help him- Hide quoted text -

Is there going to be a Great Clock Disaster?
Where we won't have clocks to compare?
What is your point?

Mitch Raemsch
From: Bernhard Schornak on
Hint:

If the train is really fast (574 km/h is the current
record), you can't read clocks outside the train and
no one outside can read a clock inside it. With that
speed, a clock rushes by much faster than anyone can
read it.

Greetings from Augsburg

Bernhard Schornak
From: BURT on
On Aug 6, 11:10 pm, Bernhard Schornak <schor...(a)web.de> wrote:
> Hint:
>
> If the train is really fast (574 km/h is the current
> record), you can't read clocks outside the train and
> no one outside can read a clock inside it. With that
> speed, a clock rushes by much faster than anyone can
> read it.
>
> Greetings from Augsburg
>
> Bernhard Schornak

Still it could be photographed.

Mitch Raemsch
From: artful on
On Aug 7, 3:07 pm, BURT <macromi...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Aug 6, 10:04 pm, artful <artful...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

[snip lots of BURT avoiding the question]

> > If you like .. though that may not be enough clocks .. won't know
> > until you say what happens.
> > But still you give no answer to the question .. I've asked eight times
> > now.
> > Tell me the process he uses to determine that the station clock runs
> > slow.
> > NOTE: He is allowed to have other friends on the station or the train
> > help him- Hide quoted text -
>
> Is there going to be a Great Clock Disaster?

I don't know .. you haven't said what happens with these clocks in
order for the train observer to determine the ticking rate of the
station clock

> Where we won't have clocks to compare?

I don't know .. you haven't said what happens with these clocks in
order for the train observer to determine the ticking rate of the
station clock

> What is your point?

My point is that you refuse, or are unable, to answer the very simple
question I asked. Have you even TRIED thinking about it? Its really
not that hard to come up with a way to determine the ticking rate of a
station clocks from a moving train.

But still you give no answer to the question .. I've asked nine times
now.
Tell me the process the train passenger uses to determine that the
station clock runs slower than his.
From: Bernhard Schornak on
BURT wrote:

> Bernhard Schornak wrote:
>> Hint:
>>
>> If the train is really fast (574 km/h is the current
>> record), you can't read clocks outside the train and
>> no one outside can read a clock inside it. With that
>> speed, a clock rushes by much faster than anyone can
>> read it.
>>
>> Greetings from Augsburg
>>
>> Bernhard Schornak
>
> Still it could be photographed.

Yes. By whom? How fast can you shoot a pic-
ture and compare it against your clock?

What kind of clocks are on the platform and
in the train? To measure any difference, it
requires very fast clocks (somewhere in the
range of Gigahertz or above).

Did you put the Dopplereffect into account?

Might be a better idea to wait for the next
station and read both clocks as long as the
train does not move.

Greetings from Augsburg

Bernhard Schornak