From: Krusty on

"Dyna Soar" <dynasoar..REMOVE..THIS..(a)ozdebate.com> wrote in message
> Bear wrote:
>
>> Thanks for that, I did install Office 2007, then reinstalled Office
>> 2003. Looks like that's it, but fixing it might require
>> reinstalling.....
>
> Information I've taken from another newsgroup with a fix...
>
> *************************
>
> If you install Office 2007, spell checking in Outlook Express will not
> work as expected, unless you want spell check in French. This is because
> Office 2007 uses new proofing tools and OE can't use them because it's
> designed to use the older tools.
>
> It's easy to fix: install just the proofing tools from your previous
> version of Office (using the custom install option). You can get them from
> any older Office suite or application - including FrontPage, Publisher or
> standalone versions of Word, Excel, or Outlook.
>
> To install just the proofing tools from Office 2003, run Office setup and
> choose the custom option. Uncheck all programs in the list and add a check
> to choose the options at the bottom of the programs list. No the nest
> screen, set each top level item to be Not Available (red X icon). Expand
> the Office Shared Features branch and locate Proofing tools in the list.
> Expand proofing tools and choose English, setting it to Run from my
> computer. Finish the installation.
>
> Once installed, restart OE - go to Tools, Options and verify Spelling is
> configured to use the correct English dictionary.
>
> Or go to http://www.tinyspell.m6.net/ and download Tinyspell. This will
> give your OE a spell checker that works as you type.
>
> ***********************
>
> --
> Dyna
>
> All rights reserved. All wrongs avenged.

Having been down this road way back (years) I registered & installed
Tinyspell & I have to say it's not really the ideal option. It's interface
is annoying but the real problem is it's extremely small word list is
totally inadequate. Sure you can "add" words but more than a year on I'm
still doing this. It has no real or place names as an example. The Office
2003 spell checker was fantastic in comparison (whilst it worked)!

The other option of installing the 2003 "proofing tools" was problematic in
that it installs something like 180Mb over time just to get the spell check
as it seems to download all updates for 2003 (hence the size). Also if your
copy of 2003 isn't legitimate then you can no longer install it (the work
around or product keys won't work)!!!

End result is there is no easy fix, possibly the best option is to move on &
use Outlook 2007, not something I have done yet but am considering!

From: Bear on

"Dyna Soar" <dynasoar..REMOVE..THIS..(a)ozdebate.com> wrote in message
> Bear wrote:
>
>> Thanks for that, I did install Office 2007, then reinstalled Office
>> 2003. Looks like that's it, but fixing it might require
>> reinstalling.....
>
> Information I've taken from another newsgroup with a fix...
>
> *************************
>
> If you install Office 2007, spell checking in Outlook Express will not
> work as expected, unless you want spell check in French. This is because
> Office 2007 uses new proofing tools and OE can't use them because it's
> designed to use the older tools.
>
> It's easy to fix: install just the proofing tools from your previous
> version of Office (using the custom install option). You can get them from
> any older Office suite or application - including FrontPage, Publisher or
> standalone versions of Word, Excel, or Outlook.
>
> To install just the proofing tools from Office 2003, run Office setup and
> choose the custom option. Uncheck all programs in the list and add a check
> to choose the options at the bottom of the programs list. No the nest
> screen, set each top level item to be Not Available (red X icon). Expand
> the Office Shared Features branch and locate Proofing tools in the list.
> Expand proofing tools and choose English, setting it to Run from my
> computer. Finish the installation.
>
> Once installed, restart OE - go to Tools, Options and verify Spelling is
> configured to use the correct English dictionary.
>
> Or go to http://www.tinyspell.m6.net/ and download Tinyspell. This will
> give your OE a spell checker that works as you type.
>
> ***********************
>
> --
> Dyna
>
> All rights reserved. All wrongs avenged.

Thanks, the proofing tools fix worked fine!

From: Parko on
Peter wrote:

> I'm in Perth, my location, regional options, time zone etc are all set to
> Perth Western Australia, but when I'm in Outlook Express the spell checker
> thinks its French, the options language dropdown is French and its the only
> language in there, and today when I went to the MotoGP site it came up in
> French!
> I purchased it here in Perth.
> Anyone any ideas why this is happening and how I can change it?

Bien je proposerais que vous achetiez votre ordinateur du chocolat bon,
le champagne le plus fin et banc � dossier dedans pendant une nuit � la
maison.
--
Be useful
http://climateprediction.net/