From: Osama on
Trying to scan negatives on Vuescan.
When I load Vuescan with the scanner/printer switched on - I only get
Colour Picture, etc options on Media. (not the Image>Negative option
that I'm after) But it finds the scanner/printer!

After a play I found that when I reload Vuescan with the scanner/printer
switched off, I do get the Image>Negative option in Media but it tells
me the "No scanner found and no raw scan files were found. Check
Input/Files Option"

Input files Box has [scan0001.tif] and [@]

It tells me to restart with printer turned on so the circle begins with
same problem.

As they said many years ago "Colour me Lost"

Thanks,
From: Rob on
On 7/03/2010 10:48 AM, Osama wrote:
> Trying to scan negatives on Vuescan.
> When I load Vuescan with the scanner/printer switched on - I only get
> Colour Picture, etc options on Media. (not the Image>Negative option
> that I'm after) But it finds the scanner/printer!
>
> After a play I found that when I reload Vuescan with the scanner/printer
> switched off, I do get the Image>Negative option in Media but it tells
> me the "No scanner found and no raw scan files were found. Check
> Input/Files Option"
>
> Input files Box has [scan0001.tif] and [@]
>
> It tells me to restart with printer turned on so the circle begins with
> same problem.
>
> As they said many years ago "Colour me Lost"
>
> Thanks,

Just check that you have the drivers pointing to the scanner in the
Device manager and that its not been taken over by some M$ driver.

make sure that vuescan is compatible with your scanner, and that you
have the current version as they did some fixes,

What's new in version 8.6.18

Improved automatic cropping
Fixed USB problem with some Minolta scanners
Fixed problem with Microtek APS adapter

you maybe better off just using the drivers that came with your scanner
and get them to work then go to vuescan.