From: dorayme on
In article <3e2jvb.auu.17.1(a)news.alt.net>, Ed Mullen <ed(a)edmullen.net>
wrote:

> I can't figure out why I have a sudden urge to go drink copious
> amounts of liquid out of a Jim Beam bottle.

er... that's a pretty easy one Ed. You are a hopeless drunk and possibly
a wife-beater. It's not your fault, some men are just born that way. <g>

--
dorayme
From: Ed Mullen on
dorayme wrote:
> In article<3e2jvb.auu.17.1(a)news.alt.net>, Ed Mullen<ed(a)edmullen.net>
> wrote:
>

>> I can't figure out why I have a sudden urge to go drink copious
>> amounts of liquid out of a Jim Beam bottle.
>>
> er... that's a pretty easy one Ed. You are a hopeless drunk and possibly
> a wife-beater. It's not your fault, some men are just born that way.<g>

Hey! I have NEVER beaten my wife!!!

Umm, and, what else were we talking about?

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

From: dorayme on
In article <3e2tgq.i19.17.1(a)news.alt.net>, Ed Mullen <ed(a)edmullen.net>
wrote:

> dorayme wrote:
> > In article<3e2jvb.auu.17.1(a)news.alt.net>, Ed Mullen<ed(a)edmullen.net>
> > wrote:
> >

> >> I can't figure out why I have a sudden urge to go drink copious
> >> amounts of liquid out of a Jim Beam bottle.
> >>
> > er... that's a pretty easy one Ed. You are a hopeless drunk and possibly
> > a wife-beater. It's not your fault, some men are just born that way.<g>
> >

> Hey! I have NEVER beaten my wife!!!

Ah! So you admit to being a hopeless drunk then! <g>

That reminds me - no, please don't ask me why, how do I know how my
brain works - of the Jewish mum who bought her son two ties, but when he
wore one of them she complained loudly to her husband, "See. He does not
like half the things I give him!"

--
dorayme
From: Bill BRaun on
Ed Mullen wrote:
> Throughout this thread I have kept wondering: "Hmm. Is it that he's so
> old that he can't see colors anymore? Is this some physical limitation
> he has? Or is it just a case of: 'No, I have no concept of
> esthetically pleasing nor an ability to read and apply advice given to
> me.'?" Wait! Maybe it's a desire to return to amateur Web design
> efforts of the mid-90s! Wait! This could be it!!!
>
> Well, there is the possibility of a combination of that last one with
> some drug overdose situation. Everytime I go to his page I feel like
> I'm having a really bad flashback to 1968 combined with a drunken night
> of revelry from 1988 merged with a combined hangover of both of those.
> Cripes. I really don't need this!

No need to get personal.

I can think of a logical reason - while he develops the page
he wants each part to stand out in stark relief. Could he
accomplish the same think less garishly? Probably.

It may simply be what he has chosen because it works for him.

Bill Braun
From: Bill BRaun on
dorayme wrote:
> That reminds me - no, please don't ask me why, how do I know how my
> brain works - of the Jewish mum who bought her son two ties, but when he
> wore one of them she complained loudly to her husband, "See. He does not
> like half the things I give him!"

Gives her son two sweaters, one red, one blue. Try them on,
she says. He returns wearing the red one. What, you don't
like the blue one?