From: Ed Mullen on
Bill BRaun wrote:
> Ed Mullen wrote:
>> Throughout this thread I have kept wondering: "Hmm. Is it that he's
>> so old that he can't see colors anymore? Is this some physical
>> limitation he has? Or is it just a case of: 'No, I have no concept
>> of esthetically pleasing nor an ability to read and apply advice
>> given to me.'?" Wait! Maybe it's a desire to return to amateur Web
>> design efforts of the mid-90s! Wait! This could be it!!!
>>
>> Well, there is the possibility of a combination of that last one with
>> some drug overdose situation. Everytime I go to his page I feel like
>> I'm having a really bad flashback to 1968 combined with a drunken
>> night of revelry from 1988 merged with a combined hangover of both of
>> those. Cripes. I really don't need this!
>
> No need to get personal.
>
> I can think of a logical reason - while he develops the page he wants
> each part to stand out in stark relief. Could he accomplish the same
> think less garishly? Probably.
>
> It may simply be what he has chosen because it works for him.
>
> Bill Braun
You are, of course, right. There is, ultimately, no accounting for
taste. However, my tasting of that page left me gagging. It is a total
affront to my senses in all aspects.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net

From: Ed Mullen on
dorayme wrote:
> In article<g6-dnU1iYqfl2NrWnZ2dnUVZ_h6dnZ2d(a)posted.expedient>,
> Bill BRaun<me(a)privacy.net> wrote:
>

>> Ed Mullen wrote:
>>
>>> Throughout this thread I have kept wondering: "Hmm. Is it that he's so
>>> old that he can't see colors anymore? ...
>>>
>> No need to get personal.
>>
> No, you are right. But Ed was completely drunk at the time and everyone
> has a right to be this now and then without hiding the fact...<g>

No no! I was sober when I viewed the page and it drove me to drink.

In fact, having reviewed the thread (Oh, God! Why do I do this!?) and
the page in question I need to drink again!!!

I will say this in defense (uh, "support"?) of the author. I couldn't
create such a mess if I set out to do it on purpose. The poor man is
lost. I mean, look, I'm not designer. I'll never create anything
noteworthy, design-wise, in a Web page. My goal is, kinda, don't make
anyone throw up.

There ya go! OP might want to consider that.

From: Mason C on
MY THREAD MY THREAD

GO AWAY GO AWAY
From: dorayme on
In article <3e5m8v.rh9.17.1(a)news.alt.net>, Ed Mullen <ed(a)edmullen.net>
wrote:

> >> Hey! I have NEVER beaten my wife!!!
> >>
> > Ah! So you admit to being a hopeless drunk then! <g>
> >
> > That reminds me ... the Jewish mum who bought her son two ties, but when he
> > wore one of them she complained loudly to her husband, "See. He does not
> > like half the things I give him!"
> >

> Err, so, I /should/ beat my wife? =-O

No... NO! STOP! You should NOT beat your wife. I was only messing about
with words and thoughts in a light hearted mood. Trust me on this one
Ed, do NOT beat your wife.

--
dorayme
From: Ed Mullen on
dorayme wrote:

>>> Ah! So you admit to being a hopeless drunk then!<g>
>>>
>>> That reminds me ... the Jewish mum who bought her son two ties, but when he
>>> wore one of them she complained loudly to her husband, "See. He does not
>>> like half the things I give him!"
>>>

>> Err, so, I /should/ beat my wife? =-O
>>
> No... NO! STOP! You should NOT beat your wife. I was only messing about
> with words and thoughts in a light hearted mood. Trust me on this one
> Ed, do NOT beat your wife.

Whew! Ok, then. I'm glad we got /that/ clarified! :-)

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net