From: Don McKenzie on

Now I ask, what server will be able to deliver a download speed of 1Gbps, let alone have a network, and an individual PC
receive it at that speed? Am I missing something? I thinketh we will just be waiting 10 times as long!

Just watching Charlie Brown, the so-called tech-guru on Chan 9 today show.
He says Gillard is also offering the filter, and Abbott isn't. Telling us as if it is a concrete fact.

I doubt Charlie's credentials of being a guru somewhat, but why is he also pushing Gillard as bringing in the filter,
when other sources are now saying no?

http://www.filter-conroy.com/
http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2010/08/five-ways-around-the-filter-in-two-minutes/

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map: http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page: http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam: http://www.dontronics.com/spam

USB Isolator 1000VDC For Protecting Your PC OR Laptop
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/usb-iso-low-full-speed-usb-isolator.html

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.html
From: Trevor Wilson on

"Don McKenzie" <5V(a)2.5A> wrote in message

> Now I ask, what server will be able to deliver a download speed of 1Gbps,
> let alone have a network, and an individual PC receive it at that speed?
> Am I missing something? I thinketh we will just be waiting 10 times as
> long!

**That reminds of a question I asked a long time ago:

"What on Earth will I do with 20MB of storage?"

I have little doubt that the ends of the system will be enhanced to match
the pipes. Not this year. Maybe not next year, but certainly in the very
near future.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

From: Mauried on
On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 07:04:25 +1000, "Trevor Wilson"
<trevor(a)rageaudio.com.au> wrote:

>"Don McKenzie" <5V(a)2.5A> wrote in message
>>
>> Now I ask, what server will be able to deliver a download speed of 1Gbps,
>> let alone have a network, and an individual PC receive it at that speed?
>> Am I missing something? I thinketh we will just be waiting 10 times as
>> long!
>
>**That reminds of a question I asked a long time ago:
>
>"What on Earth will I do with 20MB of storage?"
>
>I have little doubt that the ends of the system will be enhanced to match
>the pipes. Not this year. Maybe not next year, but certainly in the very
>near future.
>

>--
>Trevor Wilson
>www.rageaudio.com.au

Where are the ends of the system.
Will the undersea cables out of Australia be upgraded, and if so who
will pay for the upgrading.
Or will NBNco build us a new mega fast cable to the US.

From: Don McKenzie on
On 13/08/2010 7:04 AM, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> "Don McKenzie"<5V(a)2.5A> wrote in message
>>
>> Now I ask, what server will be able to deliver a download speed of 1Gbps,
>> let alone have a network, and an individual PC receive it at that speed?
>> Am I missing something? I thinketh we will just be waiting 10 times as
>> long!
>
> **That reminds of a question I asked a long time ago:
>
> "What on Earth will I do with 20MB of storage?"

Well Trevor, the way everything is written today, at a pinch, you may be able to add two numbers together. I remember
writing meaningful programs in less than 3FFHex bytes.

Reminds me of Bill Gates saying around 1980 (XT days), "Who could possibly use more than 640K of ram?"

> I have little doubt that the ends of the system will be enhanced to match
> the pipes. Not this year. Maybe not next year, but certainly in the very
> near future.

I think the mistake that was made was not stating that the pipe is capable of 1Gbps. Yes it will be years before the
rest catches up, and when it does, it may well be time for a bypass operation.

Cheers Don...

From: Trevor Wilson on

"Mauried" <mauried(a)tpg.com.au> wrote in message
> On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 07:04:25 +1000, "Trevor Wilson"
> <trevor(a)rageaudio.com.au> wrote:
>

>>"Don McKenzie" <5V(a)2.5A> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Now I ask, what server will be able to deliver a download speed of
>>> 1Gbps,
>>> let alone have a network, and an individual PC receive it at that speed?
>>> Am I missing something? I thinketh we will just be waiting 10 times as
>>> long!
>>
>>**That reminds of a question I asked a long time ago:
>>
>>"What on Earth will I do with 20MB of storage?"
>>
>>I have little doubt that the ends of the system will be enhanced to match
>>the pipes. Not this year. Maybe not next year, but certainly in the very
>>near future.
>>

>>--
>>Trevor Wilson
>>www.rageaudio.com.au
>>

> Where are the ends of the system.
> Will the undersea cables out of Australia be upgraded, and if so who
> will pay for the upgrading.

**There are servers within Australia.

> Or will NBNco build us a new mega fast cable to the US.

**Not absolutely necessary. The US is not the repository of all human
knowledge, much as many of the inhabitants think it does.

You need to think outside the box. The needs for a high speed internet
connection in the near future may not be the same as they are now. Here's a
few random probabilities:

* Your local video store will U/L the video you want in a few seconds. No
need to drive down the road to collect what you want, subscribe to Foxtel
and wait for their programming department or wait hours to obtain it via a
torrent source.
* Home video communication will be a reality.
* Video conferencing will alter business.
* Etc.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au